Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

setting help
setting help
Hi---i need some help on a setting on my machine..

its a Resmed  Air curve  10  VAUTO

I have the manual and can adjust parameters ,  but I dont know which one to change  for  my need.

Its in Auto mode ,  and acts like a bipap,  where it lets off the flow when i exhale---i love that feature.

Heres my issue... when i start to finally almost get to sleep...i go into the apnea of course...and i exhale....but dont inhale.

I can duplicate it sitting here with the machine on......so the problem is , when i exhale and stop breathing,  the machine doesnt do anything to FORCE  me to  INHALE  and start breathing again. I can sit here for 5 or more seconds before it slowly  and very lightly  starts blowing air in .  
When it happens i wake up gasping for air  and panic.

Ive set the ramp  to off...and also tried 10 min. ramp  .

I need to set it so it senses when i exhale and dont inhale for around 1 or 2 seconds max....and forces air into me within 2 seconds.....

does that make sense??   Im just not sure which  parameter to adjust

keep in mind i hate  Cpap  when it doesnt let off when  i exhale.

i have the manual here ,  but not sure about the rules  of posting the pdf  file  ??

i would have my sleep doc do this but its always a 2 MONTH  wait  to see him .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: setting help
The machine will only trigger when you breathe, there is no backup breath on that machine.
You haven't mentioned settings, have your min epap at least 6. Too low of a pressure can do this, as can being a new user. You may also need another type of machine.
I would download sleepyhead and get some charts up, to see what is going on. Edit just noticed you have the respironics M without the sd card, I don't know what program works with it, someone else will need to advise on that.

It also helps if you stick to one thread, it makes it easier to follow.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you have a sleep study done and if so, what did the results reveal, if it is obstructive then you wouldn't necessarily need a back up rate.  If you have central apnea than a more aggressive machine would be indicated.

If you can post some of your data from Sleepyhead, it would be more helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack is right about the backup. However it sounds like you need to increase your pressure to prevent obstructive apnea. If you could download sleepyhead and post some charts we could give you some advice on where to set your pressures. The links for downloading and posting are below. You'll need an SD card and a card read reader or card slot in your computer.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Would you mind filling out your sidebar exactly and completely? With the names that are on the equipment? People need to have that right at hand...
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems you have upgraded your machine from the Respironics M Series BiPAP auto to a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto.   like

Your description of events sounds like sleep onset centrals, but could be obstructive apnea or nothing at all. Your new machine produces the data that would let you and us see exactly what the problem is, and make informed suggestions.  Download #Sleepyhead, get some data and post a chart or two.  Update your profile with the correct machine and settings.  Just go the the UserCP and input the information http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 493dart,
Yes, it’s important for folk here to have updated information in order to answer your questions.
Updating your profile will only take a moment. This is where we look to see what equipment, mask, pressure settings, etc. you are using.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...help&hid=2

Download #SleepyHead as stated above.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok--i updated profile--sorry havent been on here in ages,

i have a SD card in it for the doctor and an extra sd card. but i have no interface for using one except the machine,
I will d/l Sleepyhead .. but how can I use it with no sd card reader ? (i wonder if my tv has a slot....? )

For now , let me post all the machine settings i have right now--maybe that will help?
Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto ..

MODE VAUTO
MAX IPAP 22.0
MIN EPAP 4.0
PS 4.0
TI MAX 2.0
TI MIN 0.3
TRIGGER MED
CYCLE MED
MASK FULL FACE
RAMP TIME OFF
HUMIDITY 4
TUBE SLIMLINE
AB FILTER NO
ESSENTIALS PLUS
LEAK ALERT OFF
SMARTSTART ON
PRESS UNIT cmH20
Post Reply Post Reply
On your VAUTO go to reports and set to 1 day reporting period. Look at the EXP pressure and than go set your minimum EPAP 2cm below what the EXP Pressure reads.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Go online and search for "sd card reader". Many under $10, some under $5. These typically plug into a USB slot on your computer. Highly recommended.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 111 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 239 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 140 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 517 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 242 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,440 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 930 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.