Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

setting help
RE: setting help
493, as recommended by Bonjour, an SD card reader that plugs into a USB port is very inexpensive. Walla is talking about your Sleep Report on the machine. You can enhance that sleep report by going into clinical settings (control knob + home button) and scrolling down to Essentials and changing the setting from ON to PLUS.

Your machine is set on default settings. Chances are the EPAP min is way too low, but that depends on whether the events you are experiencing are obstructive or central. Do you know what the settings were on the M-Series? You can still order the manual for the M-Series BiPAP Auto and retrieve those settings. http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll be glad to see your charts from sleepyhead when it's up and running.
With min epap4 and ps4, you should be getting enough air and not a mask problem, unless the bleed vent is blocked. do you feel air gushing out of the mask vent?
It may still be obstructive and need more epap pressure or it may be looking more like centrals. If it were new user clear airway, you normally wouldn't wake up gasping.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2018, 12:41 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: On your VAUTO go to reports and set to 1 day reporting period. Look at the EXP pressure and than go set your minimum EPAP 2cm below what the EXP Pressure reads.
i will try this first --thanks
id rather try some small adjustments first   ,  finding time to get a card reader across town (2+ hours of time)  is possible but a  pain.
Post Reply Post Reply
493dart,
The change I gave you was a short term adjustment to get you some quick relief. By no means is that the final solution. I agree with the others you need to download sleepyhead and get a card reader to really get a good idea of whats going on. You can order a card reader online from Amazon or Walmart and have it shipped to you.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2018, 05:40 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: 493dart,
               The change I gave you was a short term adjustment to get you some quick relief. By no means is that the final solution. I agree with the others you need to download sleepyhead and get a card reader to really get a good idea of whats going on. You can order a card reader online from Amazon or Walmart and have it shipped to you.

i tried that  setting change and it didnt help
Post Reply Post Reply
Well than I wouldn't make any further changes without downloading sleepyhead and posting a chart here. That way the people here can give better advice than I did. The links are below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 154 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 384 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,004 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 514 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.