Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

setting minimum pressure
Thanks to all of you here who have given me good advice I had the best night ever last night! AHI was .05 and I only woke up once to get a drink of water. When I came back to bed I had a little trouble getting my breath, but not nearly as bad as before I set my pressure from 5 to 6 and turned off the ramp. I have read here that the minimum pressure should be set to what your average pressures are. Is that what I should do, or at least work up to? My average last night was 7.35, and the past week was 6.85. 90% pressure was 8.78 last night, and no data available for any other periods.
So, should I bump it up a little and see how it goes for a few days and then continue if I need to? What would the best plan be? Thanks!

PS, by the time I see my doc on the 20th of April I want to have everything dialed in! I think I'm almost there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your minimum pressure is pretty much where it should be, between 6 and 6.5.
I usually advise to set it to 2cm under your 90% pressure reading. Alot of times, you will see that to be about where your med or average pressure is.

With an AHI of .05, there doesn't seem to be a reason to change anything. It looks like you are doing good!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, OpalRose! By the way, I realized later that I put the decimal point in the wrong place. My AHI is 0.5, not .05! In any case, I'm happy with it. Now I want to keep it there and get put of the sleep deficit that I've built up. I think I will set my machine to 6.2 and leave it there for a week and see how things look. Have a good week!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure Setting catspurrrr 20 647 08-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Rcgop
  [CPAP] trigger setting for ResMed aircurve 10 vauto dwbenziger 5 250 07-25-2017, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Help with Pressure Setting Vesimir 7 313 07-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  Mask type setting on Dreamstation? speed3914 1 178 07-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Russatrice
  nuance to Swift FX for her setting problems akdog30 12 710 06-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jsielke
  Time Setting on Dreamstation without Cellular modem elitheelephant 1 184 06-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
Question Theoretical Setting for a Bi-Level Machine Question Crimson Nape 1 189 05-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider