Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

shallow breating shuts off my apap?
RE: shallow breating shuts off my apap?
Just an update. I've had the 7.0/3 setting for several nights, with ramp=on. I've had no other unexplained multiple sessions. Of course, they were intermittent to begin with, so could still happen. Still using the same mem card and power supply, since I was trying to isolate the issue. I'm sure it will reappear some day, in the meantime thanks for the help. Oh, the increased pressure did do the trick at nearly eliminating Flow Limits.

I did purchase an oximeter, and have questions about low O2 levels, but I'll post that on a new thread.

Thanks for the help!
--PressuresOn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: shallow breating shuts off my apap?
I thought I would post an update: I haven't had the shut-off phenomenon re-occur. I've also turned the auto-start/stop back on without any problems. I'm thinking, based on other posts and a lack of other explanation, that I must have been leaking so much that the machine thought I'd left the building and just shut down. Anyway, all is good now. Thanks to those that posted suggestions on this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Apnea and APAP, looking for OSCAR feedback myklu 4 103 04-26-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: myklu
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,357 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 208 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 178 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 255 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 1,012 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 683 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.