Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

short of breath during the day
short of breath during the day
Just a quick question. Does any of you suffer from shortness of breath during the day, similar to some kind of hyperventilitation. My GP said that I have this on top of apnea. I have the feeling it is strongly related to apnea. 

I was wondering if any of you can relate, and if XPAP therapy improved this for you. For me the more rest I get the less shortness of breath I presumably have.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: short of breath during the day
I have shortness of breath pretty much 24/7 at various levels, which is most likely from my level 2 COPD. I have some undefined heart issues besides blood pressure modifications that may contribute as well. I have found I always breathe easier when masked up to my ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
do you have a finger tip O2 monitor? That will tell you if your O2 levels are falling during the day. I have been tested for high altitude (8,000 feet) and my O2 drops under 90%. I have to breathe faster to get enough O2 in my system. This is from early stage COPD that I use an inhaler for. When I fly in a plane now I will have to have my own O2 supply
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2018, 06:15 PM)PoolQ Wrote: do you have a finger tip O2 monitor? That will tell you if your O2 levels are falling during the day. I have been tested for high altitude (8,000 feet) and my O2 drops under 90%. I have to breathe faster to get enough O2 in my system. This is from early stage COPD that I use an inhaler for. When I fly in a plane now I will have to have my own O2 supply

PoolQ, I wasn't sure to whom you're directing your question, as in to me or to the OP emredogan.

If me, I don't yet have a monitor. 3 pulmonary function tests on the spirometer reveals light to moderate restriction with little oxygen drops currently. Most doc visits show oxygen to be 94-98%. I actually have a slow respiration rate, of what it is I don't know, and don't keep track of it. I'm on 2 powdered long term slow release inhalers and one rescue inhaler. As for high altitude, it doesn't get that high of elevation here, nor have I flown in a while, so that's a non-issue currently.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Rapid Breathing-Fractured Sleep-Out of Breath Fixit50 76 4,017 01-31-2024, 01:37 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 848 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  Do nasal cpap help to not breath through mouth? hejohoo 10 1,428 09-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Shortness of Breath - Low Oxygen level Sandyelle 3 614 07-17-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Short Duration Cpap Usage Myeung 3 492 06-27-2023, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.