Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

should I upgrade?
RE: should I upgrade?
(03-31-2016, 09:06 PM)palerider Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 08:41 PM)PollCat Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 11:36 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: There aren't any moving parts or oiled parts as you would have in say a sewing machine that sat in the closet.

I beg to differ. I've taken apart a few of my machines when they died and they all do have at least one moving part - the blower! But like the Mb said there's nothing in them that a user could service.

wouldn't be the first time I'd heard of someone oiling a bearing....

Oil? I thought you were supposed to clean and polish them, and ultra sonic carbon tech clean would do wonders for an old bearing Smile (j/k)
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: should I upgrade?
(03-30-2016, 01:05 PM)technico Wrote: Was diagnosed with OSA in 2002, bought a Respironics Remstar Pro C-Flex with Breeze nasal pillows. Broke the Breeze in 2005 and stopped using it for years. Bought a new strap-on nasal pillow rig 6 months ago and started using system again. Has 4300 hours on it. I never heat the air, using an inline water tank that I sometimes even put chilled water in for comfort.

Should I be getting that cpap serviced in some way? Or, being 14 years old, should I be looking at getting something newer with spiffy new features that have become available in the last 14 years?

Although your machine is old and outdated, it has slightly more than the equivalent of one-year's use in hours. I seem many of these older machines retired near 20,000 hours. There is nothing to service inside the blower unit. A newer machine would give you better access to therapy data and probably some additional comfort features, but may not be very different in effectiveness. It might however, motivate you to use and optimize the machine.

If it's covered by insurance, or you see a good deal on an upgraded machine, go for it! I think having a backup could be important as a machine get old.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 110 8,678 2 hours ago
Last Post: ewriter
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 520 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 569 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,773 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav
  Upgrade to AS11? txrpls 6 1,145 08-20-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Online Sleep Doctors--Easy Rx (renewal/upgrade)? Scam? Thoughts? PurchanceToDream 2 750 04-30-2022, 01:40 AM
Last Post: PurchanceToDream
  [Diagnosis] Insurance for upgrade to Aircurve PSlebow 18 1,559 04-16-2022, 08:57 AM
Last Post: PSlebow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.