Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleep apnea
sleep apnea
I am an 83-year-old male in reasonable health. A little overweight but working on that. I have sleep apnea but do not know how severe. Quit smoking 32 years ago. Had triple bypass in 2012. I work out in a fitness center two, sometimes three times a week and manage 18 holes of golf at least once a week.
Had a huge snoring problem but always sleep on my back and still do. I bought a tongue retainer and use it every night and the snoring ended. I have had bouts of atrial fib.
I purchased a finger oximeter with telemetry and monitor my sleep at night a couple of times a week.
The only medications I take are for ulcerative colitis, cholesterol, a low dose aspirin and vitamins. My cholesterol with 10 mgs of Crestor averages 128/56.
My pressure runs between 110/71 to 123/64. My pulse, 63 to 70. Resting oxygen is in 96 to 97 range. Exercising it drops a little to around 93.
Nighttime is a problem. I sleep well, 8 to 9 hours average, except some nights trips to the bathroom for bladder evacuation.
Last night's reading shows 176 events, 111.3 time in events, artifact 0.2, adjusted index of 22.6.
Basal Sp0s is 92.7 percent, time less than 88% is 12.1 minutes, events less than 88% is 49, minimum is 78, average low is 88.6. Average pulse rate is 63.7 and low pulse is 43.
Comments please.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleep apnea
According to this classification standard an AHI of 22 means you have moderate OSA:
http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/slee...ng-results

The gold standard treatment is an adjustable pressure CPAP machine - we call them APAPs. You will need a prescription. Your doctor should write one that specifies an adjustable pressure machine. There are plenty of articles here on the forum about machines and how to buy one. Check out the Wiki section link at the top of the page and welcome to the forum.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a machine or was all that data from your blood O2 meter?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
HI jjtisch3,
WELCOME! TO THE FORUM.!
HANG IN THERE FOR MORE RESPONSES TO YOUR POST AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 277 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 5 193 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RoughriderTR
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 453 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,827 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,259 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.