Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleep apnea and fibromyalgia
sleep apnea and fibromyalgia
GM
I have both sleep apnea and fibro and I never sleep more then 4 hours a night if I'm real lucky I might get 5 just wondering how many others have this problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleep apnea and fibromyalgia
And using the CPAP hasn't helped with extending your sleep hours?

Have you tried any sleep aids such as Ambien? I've recently started using it and am loving it. I don't have fibro exactly, although I probably would get the diagnosis if we tested me for it. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Hypermobility Type. A lot of us carry dual dx.

First thing I would suggest is talking to your doc about it, if you haven't already. If you have a neurologist, start there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
^^ this
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Shorty, hope you get some more replies soon Smile I think the problem is a lot of people with fibromyalgia may not be diagnoised with sleep apnea or some of the other sleep disorders out there. Keep up with your CPAP as much and you can and you know I hope it kicks in soon and can help your fibromyalgia. My sister has both and the CPAP has helped her fibromyalgia, all though I think fibromyalgia maybe like sleep apnea, once we have it, we have it for life, try and get a good nights sleep tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Shorty

I'm another fibroapneac. I used to have dreadful insomnia, even taking Stilnox every night I'd often still be awake at 2 or 3am. Since going onto PAP the insomnia has totally gone. After an initial period getting used to it, I now find I'm out cold in a couple of minutes. The improved bladder control is great too - no more getting up 3 or 4 times a night for the toilet was an unexpected benefit of CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Count me in. When the fibro pain acts up, Ambien is a Godsend.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 07:21 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: ...The improved bladder control is great too - no more getting up 3 or 4 times a night for the toilet was an unexpected benefit of CPAP.

Hi Paul,
Like you, my bathroom visits are less frequent. Why do you think cpap helps with that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Happiest,

There is a discussion here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...8#pid15288

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2015, 06:18 AM)shortyd Wrote: GM
I have both sleep apnea and fibro and I never sleep more then 4 hours a night if I'm real lucky I might get 5 just wondering how many others have this problem.

Many people with infections have these problems, including sleep apnea.
Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia are some examples.
The bacteria destroys the myelin coating of nerve fibers.
Insomnia is very common in these groups.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a good site, unfortunately in Swedish, but further down the page is a link to an English article.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 356 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 294 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 130 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 579 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.