Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleep apnea pillow
RE: sleep apnea pillow
(01-19-2014, 10:58 AM)Doc J Wrote: I bought a memory foam standard pillow and cut the shapes out of the sides to make room. Just copy the shape of the expensive one in the ad.

Thanks Doc
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 12:07 PM)me50 Wrote: I use regular pillows (2) in a T shape (the bottom pillow is from east to west or left to right and the top pillow is north to south or top to bottom). Not sure if this will work for you but you could try it.

Thanks Me 50 at this point I will try almost anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Libby, I do the same as Me50, it takes a bit of getting used to but there is less real estate to knock the mask on, it is basically the same idea as a CPAP pillow but no cost and make sure you have the hose coming from above your head.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 12:07 PM)me50 Wrote: I use regular pillows (2) in a T shape (the bottom pillow is from east to west or left to right and the top pillow is north to south or top to bottom). Not sure if this will work for you but you could try it.

Thanks me50 thats working so far with 2 pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 07:07 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Libby, I do the same as Me50, it takes a bit of getting used to but there is less real estate to knock the mask on, it is basically the same idea as a CPAP pillow but no cost and make sure you have the hose coming from above your head.

Yes at the moment just have it sitting on top. Going to buy O ring to hook it on the curtain rod and ribbon to hold the hose. Will let you know how it went. Fingers crossed.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good use your inititive
Post Reply Post Reply

[/quote]

Yes at the moment just have it sitting on top. Going to buy O ring to hook it on the curtain rod and ribbon to hold the hose. Will let you know how it went. Fingers crossed.
[/quote]

I bought a mug hook and got 4 for .97 and they work great. make it easy on yourself and do it with the least amount of parts, least amount of cost. glad that the pillows are working for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a SOFT memory foam contour pillow from the Sleep Number store. It gently cradles the head and allows for movement without dislodging the headgear.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went with that CPAP Max pillow...memory foam on one side and "normal" pillow stuff on the other. I sleep in all sorts of positions, so I put a regular pillow down a little lower and then the CPAP Pillow one on the "north slope". Seems to do okay for me back sleeping (becomes a bit more like a typical contour pillow for the neck), side sleeping (additional pillow cushions the shoulders a bit, good cut outs to keep from knocking the mask) or tummy (where being able to slip the hands between the pillows comes in handy).

As in all things, your mileage might vary (YMMV), but it works for me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2014, 12:10 PM)PollCat Wrote: I use a SOFT memory foam contour pillow from the Sleep Number store. It gently cradles the head and allows for movement without dislodging the headgear.

Thanx everyone
PollCat
done survey
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 240 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 127 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.