Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleep apnea pillow
Angry 
sleep apnea pillow
Does anyone know of good pillow to use with the machine. I read to use memory foam of the special pillow called " EazyBreather - Sleep Apnea Pillow" from $ 119 Any suggestions. Now I got used to the machine I move from side to side at night and the noise of the air escaping wakes me up. grrrrrr Sad Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pillow for sleep apnea
(01-19-2014, 05:48 AM)libbyau Wrote: Does anyone know of good pillow to use with the machine. I read to use memory foam of the special pillow called " EazyBreather - Sleep Apnea Pillow" from $ 119 Any suggestions. Now I got used to the machine I move from side to side at night and the noise of the air escaping wakes me up. grrrrrr Sad Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleep apnea pillow
I use a duck feather pillow. When I roll over I just punch it into shape - I've been using it for years now so I just do it in my sleep. It seems to work pretty well with the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 06:41 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I use a duck feather pillow. When I roll over I just punch it into shape - I've been using it for years now so I just do it in my sleep. It seems to work pretty well with the mask.

That's what I have but I dont want to punch it I may miss and wake up with black eye Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a memory foam standard pillow and cut the shapes out of the sides to make room. Just copy the shape of the expensive one in the ad.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use regular pillows (2) in a T shape (the bottom pillow is from east to west or left to right and the top pillow is north to south or top to bottom). Not sure if this will work for you but you could try it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Libby, the new AirFit from Resmed is quite similar to the Swift FX but doesn't have this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently purchased a pillow called "CPAPmax". Together with an extra cover, 2 pillow cases and shipping to Aust it came to a little under US$155. The pillow itself is only US$60.

I've only used it the past 5 nights and am still getting used it. I'll give it another 5 nights or so before deciding whether it is a good pillow choice for me and posting a review.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 01:55 PM)Surly Wrote: I recently purchased a pillow called "CPAPmax". Together with an extra cover, 2 pillow cases and shipping to Aust it came to a little under US$155. The pillow itself is only US$60.

I've only used it the past 5 nights and am still getting used it. I'll give it another 5 nights or so before deciding whether it is a good pillow choice for me and posting a review.

ThanksSurly for the post, I would like to know how you went with the pillow.
I did not think there was sleepyhead for mac on the link it said they did not have a link for mac I was going to downloaded. Would have saved my going to the chemist were I am renting my resmed 23rd (my first months) is the day it goes back and I get one of my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 12:58 PM)eviltim Wrote: Libby, the new AirFit from Resmed is quite similar to the Swift FX but doesn't have this problem.

Thanks I will try that.It will be my first months on 23 Jan
(01-19-2014, 06:26 AM)libbyau Wrote:
(01-19-2014, 05:48 AM)libbyau Wrote: Does anyone know of good pillow to use with the machine. I read to use memory foam of the special pillow called " EazyBreather - Sleep Apnea Pillow" from $ 119 Any suggestions. Now I got used to the machine I move from side to side at night and the noise of the air escaping wakes me up. grrrrrr Sad Thinking-about

A big Thanks to everyone lots of good suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 246 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 355 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 294 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 128 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.