Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleep study using cpap
sleep study using cpap
Hi folks:

Can I use the Resmed 10 Autoset to do a sleep study. What I mean by that, is to use it to only find AHI without giving actual pressure?
ie: similar to the sleep study kits that are sent home (ex: Resmed ApneaLink Air)

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleep study using cpap
NO. Anything you get from the AytoSet will have at least 4 cmw support. If you get greater than 5AHI at that pressure you can conclude that you definitely have apnea. if less than 5 only that you are 'well treated' at 4 cmw.

This can be done to see if it makes sense to do another sleep study to see if you are actually apnea free.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so you would set min and max pressure to 4
and check the AHI index for the night?
would you do any other setting for the test, ERP, etc?
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR will lower the pressure of 4 to 4, in other words it will have no impact.

Personally I would check OSCAR charts as they are far more complete than just the AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, I understand ERP now.

so basically setting min and max to 4 will enable to test for apnea with OSCAR data?
Is this something that people usually do to save on the sleep test?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You are not listening. Using a CPAP pressure of 4-cm means you are receiving positive pressure therapy. The only thing you are testing is whether 4-cm is sufficient to treat obstructive sleep apnea if you have it. A sleep test is done without the benefit of positive pressure, and measures respiration rate, flow, volume, effort, sleep state and arousals using a variety of sensors. No sleep study is conducted using the therapy used to treat OSA. That would be a titration test.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly no, since that suggestion is usually delivered with the fact that very, very few actually are 'cured' of sleep apnea.
Once you have a pap that has detailed data you don't need a sleep study, except for a very specific purpose such as proving efficacy for an ASV. OSCAR data is sufficient to determine therapy direction, and has at times led to non-pap solutions. Also because most adults have issues with breathing at a pressure fixed at 4 cmw.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 164 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,367 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 264 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 120 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 210 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,267 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.