Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleeping on the side
sleeping on the side
Hi first I wanted to know if you are sleeping on your back or side, I noticed that if I fall asleep sleeping on the side I get a tube that spins inside itself, and the mask goes down a bit (does not fall but just moves a bit) so I wanted to know in what position you sleep and if there is. Special reason.

And does the fact that the pipe rotates mean that the air comes out less strongly or does it not affect the pressure of the air?

[Image: ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleeping on the side
I'm a die hard side sleeper. Get a hose hanger / holder! It's one of the best improvements that you can do for sleep apnea therapy. 

The "pipe" rotating should not make any difference in regards to air pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper, the hoses are designed to rotate in the mask connector without the loss of pressure.

The CPAP machine should ideally be lower than your head position on the pillow, and as mentioned above a hose hanger of some sort so the hose arc is above your head - this helps minimise or prevent "rainout" (condensation forming in the mask and bottom end of the hose) while using your machine.

My CPAP is on the floor under the edge of my bed, and the hose is attached by a short cord to a bulldog clip on the top of the bedhead.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2022, 03:20 AM)Ockrocket Wrote: I'm a side sleeper, the hoses are designed to rotate in the mask connector without the loss of pressure.

The CPAP machine should ideally be lower than your head position on the pillow, and as mentioned above a hose hanger of some sort so the hose arc is above your head - this helps minimise or prevent "rainout" (condensation forming in the mask and bottom end of the hose) while using your machine.

My CPAP is on the floor under the edge of my bed, and the hose is attached by a short cord to a bulldog clip on the top of the bedhead.

Are you able to take a picture of your set up? I am not imaginative, but would like to implement a solution like this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2022, 09:18 AM)daruki Wrote: Are you able to take a picture of your set up? I am not imaginative, but would like to implement a solution like this.

A shoelace and a bulldog clip work on my bookcase headboard.

On my previous bed I simply tied the shoelace to a horizontal rail on the metal bedhead.

I'm in to practical.. not pretty aesthetics, much to the disappointment of my wife - she thinks things have to "look nice" more so than be practical.
Unsure Big Grin

The machine is under the corner of the bed and set to auto on/off, but I can still reach it if I need to without getting out of bed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
3M Command Hooks with the smallest bungee cord you can find also work well. I also have extras for travelling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Side sleeper as well - use a hose holder and a slightly longer hose. I have an 8 foot standard hose and don't use the climate line heated one. Can't tell the difference. I also have a cover on the hose to keep little furbaby teeth and claws out of it.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep on both my sides and back. Mainly sleep on my sides. I have not had any real problems with it. Hose can get a bit turned around on me from time to time. But I have always managed to clear that. I cant speak to a pressure drop sleeping on my side.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 403 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 812 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.