Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

sleepy head vs ResScan
I am attaching screen prints from ResScan and SleepyHead.

In ResScan it shows an unknown event that I don't recall seeing before and wondered if anyone else has seen this in their data.

Sleepyhead did not show it. The leaks are different in ResScan than they are in Sleepyhead (just an observation).

[attachment=591]

[attachment=593]

[attachment=592]
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 07:56 AM by me50.)
12-08-2013 07:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
robysue Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: PR Dreamstation BiPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: PR Dreamstation humidfier
CPAP Pressure: min EPAP = 4; max IPAP = 9;
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic EncorePro

Other Comments: Papping since September 2010

Sex: Female

RE: sleepy head vs ResScan
Looks like the two "Unknown Apneas" are both scored in a super-short session that happens well before 22:00.

The SleepyHead data starts at 22:40ish. If I recall, the default settings in SH are set to ignore really short sessions---as in sessions that last less than something like 2-5 minutes. If you have not changed your SleepyHead preferences, that's my guess as to why the "Unknown Apneas" are not showing up in SH: SH is just ignoring that session since it's so short. And since the session is ignored, all the data from the session is suppressed in the SH report.

As to the meaning of an "Unknown Apnea" in ResScan: The FOT algorithm for distinguishing between OAs and CAs is not perfect, and sometimes the data from the FOT test is so ambiguous that the S9 simply does not want to "guess" whether the apnea was an OA or a CA. In that case, the apnea is scored as an "Unknown Apnea" in ResScan; it typically shows up as an "Apnea" in SH. While UAs are most likely to be scored when the Leak Rate is well above 24 L/min, they can be scored at much lower leak levels.
12-08-2013 09:20 AM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Hi me50. An unknown apnea is just that - the machine wasn't able to determine if it was obstructive or central. Possibly a mix of both? I've seen a few from time to time, but not many. I notice the event occurs before 22:00 but the SH trace starts at 22:40 - if you zoom out, does it show up on SleepyHead? Also notice that there only seems to be a few minutes of mask time around the event, so it might even have been something while you were still awake.

In any event, it looks like your apnea is under control, with an AHI of zero. I know the AHI isn't the be-all and end-all, but it's a very good place to start.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-08-2013 09:20 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
drgrimes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 Resmed Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Dreamwear
Humidifier: resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Me50, I've been playing back and forth between Rescan and Sleepyhead, but I can't tell you anything about the unknown event. The fact that it doesn't show up in Sleepyhead would suggest that whatever it is, it's insignificant. Others more expert than I may have a better explanation.

I think from time to time we will see some unexplainable oddities in our data....I sure do.
12-08-2013 10:17 AM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto

Other Comments:

Thanks everyone. I had an ah-ha moment. I wasn't asleep until after 11PM so when I saw the posts mentioning 22:00 I was confused. Then, I remembered that I had washed my mask, tank, hose, etc. and had turned on the machine later that night to finish drying out the hose and mask. That is where the unknown came in. The only difference is the leak rate between the 2 software programs.

3rd night in a row to have NO AHI's!

Thanks for all of your replies.
12-08-2013 11:49 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Oh, 3 nights with 0.0 AHI?

Unplug the machine for a minute or two and plug it back in. Sometimes the S9 aliens like to play tricks.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-08-2013 11:55 AM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

I did unplug it every night that I woke up and saw the zero AHI. Now that I finished the end of the year medical tests that I had done last week and got the barium out of me, things will probably return to normal tonight!! lol Any way you look at it, my AHI's are below 1 when I do have them and I am happy with my new mask, chin strap and how it is working!
12-08-2013 11:59 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

An unknown apnea is an apnea during which a leak higher than 30 L/min occurs, precluding accurate determination of whether the apnea is obstructive or central http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Resscan stats shows maximum leak 144 L/m but leak graph shows no leak above the red line and no leak coincides with those unknown events
12-08-2013 02:36 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(12-08-2013 02:36 PM)zonk Wrote:  An unknown apnea is an apnea during which a leak higher than 30 L/min occurs, precluding accurate determination of whether the apnea is obstructive or central http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Resscan stats shows maximum leak 144 L/m but leak graph shows no leak above the red line and no leak coincides with those unknown events

the unknown event was because I was running the machine to make sure all the equipment that I washed Saturday was dry. Yea, the leaks reported in ResScan don't match the leaks reported in SleepyHead.
12-08-2013 02:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newb Brisbane Hose Head BigWillyAus 10 531 10-20-2016 05:36 PM
Last Post: BigWillyAus
  Can someone take a look at this Sleepy Head Data? crezman 19 831 09-12-2016 11:03 PM
Last Post: crezman
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 8 627 09-11-2016 09:17 PM
Last Post: okieman
  fullness in head Bebe 3 298 08-30-2016 10:34 AM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Preventing head gear marks on bald head wxmcpo 17 734 08-21-2016 03:13 PM
Last Post: chill
  ResScan Reports for AHI Differs From Machine AHI nadprok 2 287 08-02-2016 11:54 AM
Last Post: nadprok
  Problem with ResScan HL649 3 400 08-01-2016 01:50 AM
Last Post: srlevine1