Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead
sleepyhead
Hey all, I am brand new as of today. Just dx w apnea, been on the machine for several months and still cannot get a good night of sleep. I think I am having mixed apneas and would really like to get my own readout from the machine. I have seen threads on sleepyhead sw and I apoligise if asking something already answered but...

I finally got it to update using "run as admin" but cannot upload data. In other threads it says to try the "root" file. First, I dont know what that is and second, I have tried to upload from every file I can find associated with the card. I have also made sure the card is not locked. Any suggestions? Is there a chance my machine just purchased is too new for the sw?
Thanks all
RE: sleepyhead
(10-27-2012, 10:24 AM)TomWhitt1 Wrote: I finally got it to update using "run as admin" but cannot upload data. In other threads it says to try the "root" file. First, I dont know what that is and second, I have tried to upload from every file I can find associated with the card. I have also made sure the card is not locked. Any suggestions? Is there a chance my machine just purchased is too new for the sw?

The word "root" is used in computer science to refer to the bottom of the partition. In the case of a Windows machine that means the drive letter alone, not inside any of the directories.

Your second question is the more likely source of your problem. Philips Respironics recently came out with a new "60 Series" model. You can tell if your machine is one by looking at the model number on the bottom of the machine. (Take the humidifier tank out before turning it over!) If it says "560" you have a "60 Series" machine. The new machine offers the possibility of a heated hose, but is otherwise pretty much the same as the previous model. Unfortunately for us, they also changed the format of the data, so SleepyHead cannot yet read the data. Mark Watkins ("JediMark"), the author of the program, knows of the problem and how to fix it, but he has been occupied with other life issues and has not had time to release a new version of SleepyHead.
Hi TomWhitt1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
(10-27-2012, 10:44 AM)JJJ Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 10:24 AM)TomWhitt1 Wrote: I finally got it to update using "run as admin" but cannot upload data. In other threads it says to try the "root" file. First, I dont know what that is and second, I have tried to upload from every file I can find associated with the card. I have also made sure the card is not locked. Any suggestions? Is there a chance my machine just purchased is too new for the sw?

The word "root" is used in computer science to refer to the bottom of the partition. In the case of a Windows machine that means the drive letter alone, not inside any of the directories.

Your second question is the more likely source of your problem. Philips Respironics recently came out with a new "60 Series" model. You can tell if your machine is one by looking at the model number on the bottom of the machine. (Take the humidifier tank out before turning it over!) If it says "560" you have a "60 Series" machine. The new machine offers the possibility of a heated hose, but is otherwise pretty much the same as the previous model. Unfortunately for us, they also changed the format of the data, so SleepyHead cannot yet read the data. Mark Watkins ("JediMark"), the author of the program, knows of the problem and how to fix it, but he has been occupied with other life issues and has not had time to release a new version of SleepyHead.

The closest number to "560" that i can find is "460P" does that help?

I have heard from Philips and they will be updating their EncoreViewer Software. Should be avialable early next year.
The closest number to "560" that i can find is "460P" does that help?
Yes, this means you have the 60 model and it is not (yet) compatible with Sleepyhead. You'll have to find a copy of the Respironics Encore software.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(10-27-2012, 03:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yes, this means you have the 60 model and it is not (yet) compatible with Sleepyhead. You'll have to find a copy of the Respironics Encore software.

Only some versions of Encore work with a 60 Series CPAP. Some versions of Encore Pro and Encore Basic do work with 60 series. I believe there is no Encore Viewer yet available that works with 60 series, but they're still selling the versions that don't work.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
I don't want to appear to be hijacking Tom's note but I am having about the same problem so maybe we can kill several apneas with one stone - or something like that.Eat-popcorn

Sleepyhead says "Unable to locate new data" every time I try to import. Am I supposed to specify the folder or just the user name? In any event nothing gets uploaded.

Note to Tom, you want to be sure to lock your SD card because SlpHead rewrites the files - see their warnings.
(11-04-2012, 06:05 PM)Steve99 Wrote: Sleepyhead says "Unable to locate new data" every time I try to import. Am I supposed to specify the folder or just the user name? In any event nothing gets uploaded.
Note to Tom, you want to be sure to lock your SD card because SlpHead rewrites the files - see their warnings.

You specify the root of the drive that the SD card becomes when you insert it. On a Windows computer that means the drive letter, like E:\. Note also that if you have a 60 Series machine (model number on the bottom will say something like 460P or 560P) you will need to apply a patch to SleepyHead before it will be able to read the data.

Regarding locking the card, I have been using SleepyHead to read my card every day since I started last April and I have never locked the card. There has never been a problem.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.