Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only)
sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only)
Just bought an hdsc sd card for my Airsense 10 and downloaded sleepyhead for my mac. I put the sd card in the resmed and I get "preparing sd card do not remove" and then no other follow up messages. I took it out and imported it to sleepyhead for mac and I only get summary data. Whats going on and what's the remedy? Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only)
Is it cause I didnt have the sd in my machine during sleeping over night yet that it doesn't have full data saved on the machine to transfer to the card? Not sure exactly how it works. Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply
The typical sequence of events are: After inserting, you will get a message "Formatting - Do not remove." (I can't remember the exact verbiage) then, when it's finished, your normal menu will be displayed.  You will have to have at least one night's sleep session on it before it will contain any detailed information.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you run your CPAP with the SD card in it? I believe it only records summary data from sessions without a card in place. I have an airsense 10 also which came without an SD card. I used it for a week or so with no SD card. Then I downloaded SleepyHead and got an SD card. The next day, I had detailed graphs for the previous night (with SD card in place) but only summary data for the previous week.

I think you will find that after running it tonight with the SD card you will have detailed data for tonight's session.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 04:42 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The typical sequence of events are: After inserting, you will get a message "Formatting - Do not remove." (I can't remember the exact verbiage) then, when it's finished, your normal menu will be displayed.  You will have to have at least one night's sleep session on it before it will contain any detailed information.

Okay that explains the "summary only" I guess then. The message was "preparing SD card do not remove or turn off", then back to menu. So after a night it will start to record full data? 

So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 05:04 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?

Yes, with one addition; write protect the card by sliding the tab to the lock position before putting it in your computer and then be sure to unlock it before putting it back in your CPAP.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you need to adjust settings in the clinician menu to get the full data recorded?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I read somewhere on Apnea Board that Resmed devices oy retain summary data when no SD card is inserted, and they record full data + summary data when the SD card is inserted. Inserting a new card would only get you previous summary data, and full data on nights recorded after you started using the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 05:50 PM)C0mbe Wrote: I thought I read somewhere on Apnea Board that Resmed devices oy retain summary data when no SD card is inserted, and they record full data + summary data when the SD card is inserted.  Inserting a new card would only get you previous summary data, and full data on nights recorded after you started using the SD card.

That's correct. That's exactly what I experienced with mine after getting the SD card after I had been using it for a week or so.

There is no need to access the clinician menu to get a full data record. I didn't learn how to access the clinician menu until after I was already seeing full data reports.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 05:04 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?

You might consider investing in a Toshiba FlashAir WiFi SD card to avoid the wear and tear on the SD card slot. This allows for data backup as well as forgetting to replace the card back in the CPAP or having a write protect problem.  Any size will work but the 16Gb seems to be the best value around here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 163 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 332 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  How does AirSense 11 transmit data CPAPDude58 9 3,389 01-23-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: MarkP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.