Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only)
RE: sleepyhead/Airsense 10 (summary data only)
(02-18-2017, 04:42 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The typical sequence of events are: After inserting, you will get a message "Formatting - Do not remove." (I can't remember the exact verbiage) then, when it's finished, your normal menu will be displayed.  You will have to have at least one night's sleep session on it before it will contain any detailed information.

Okay that explains the "summary only" I guess then. The message was "preparing SD card do not remove or turn off", then back to menu. So after a night it will start to record full data? 

So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 08:01 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?

That's what I do. Just member to lock it before putting it in the computer and to unlock it again before putting it back in the Resmed. Crimson Nape may have good point with respect to the potential wear in the SD card slots (machine and computer). I suspect they can handle a lot of insertions and removals but everything wears eventually. It's not an issue I've considered or researched.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay got it. Hopefully everything works out and I'll have some hard data to look at tomorrow. Exciting! Thx guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
I can also confirm that the card has to be in the machine to get the detailed data. I am starting my second week with the Resmed Airsense A10 Autoset. Just inserting the card only downloads compliance data, leaving it in while the machine is running downloads the detailed data. It's fascinating to see all that happens with breathing at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 08:08 PM)Melman Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 08:01 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: So do you guys just take it out every day and put it in your computer and then back into the resmed machine at night and so on? Is that the protocol?

That's what I do. Just member to lock it before putting it in the computer and to unlock it again before putting it back in the Resmed. Crimson Nape may have good point with respect to the potential wear in the SD card slots (machine and computer). I suspect they can handle a lot of insertions and removals but everything wears eventually. It's not an issue I've considered or researched.

Melman, there is no need to lock the SD card on an Airsense 10.  Only the older Resmed S9 machines were affected by the computer writing index files to the SD card.  The Airsense and Philips machines are not affected by that.  It is wasted effort, and if you forget to unlock it before putting it back in the CPAP you will lose the data until it is unlocked.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card's write protect/enable tab is just a piece of plastic and has no other function than to slide forward and back.  I'm wondering why the CPAP manufacturers even put a enable/protect sensor in the SD card.  .  .  Unless there is a time when you would want it protected while its in the CPAP.   Dont-know
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 160 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 478 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 330 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  How does AirSense 11 transmit data CPAPDude58 9 3,387 01-23-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: MarkP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.