Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Link for setting pressure on Resmed Autoset S9
RE: Link for setting pressure on Resmed Autoset S9
(08-06-2014, 08:05 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I looked at your charts again. It looks like you're running minimum 10, maximum 12 right now with EPR 3.

In the end you might need a little more pressure but I'm afraid you're experiencing pressure induced CA's. Robysue will probably be along to set us straight about all that.

Anyhow, I think if it was me I would drop the minimum to 9, leave the max at 12, and either turn off the EPR or at least turn it down to 2. Then watch and see if the CA's calm down. Actually, if they would go away your results look pretty darn good. Actually actually, they don't look too bad already.

Really? So is it really ok if your leaks are under 24?
I thought my graphs were all over the show and have been in a bit of a quandary about it all.
Will definitely drop the EPR back.
What about all the other graphs, do they mean anything bad?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Like I said, the only thing I'm not crazy about is the preponderance of CA's to OA's and Hypops. I think if you can get those to calm down without the others gaining a lot of steam you'll start to feel much better about it all. At least I hope so.

I have periods when my leaks get higher than I would like too. After awhile I'll get serious about them and re-evaluate what I'm doing. Fresh pillows usually do the trick (I'm already using chinstraps). Sometimes changing pillow size will do it. If I'm using the medium, go to the large for awhile. If I'm using the large, go to the medium for awhile. I have no idea why.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gabby, please keep me posted by email on how it ends up, either way of course, but i am specifically interested now that I, like you, finally got my AHI's of 57 or so down to AHI 1.75 but in my case I had no choice to go back to the FF mask as I am still waiting for a chin strap to arrive but unlike you, I actually love the FF except for the dry mouth issue.

But IF it works for you........than I might try those pillows as well....hence, knowing how much you hate the idea of a FF mask, your experiment will convince me either way to try, or not, seeing as your facial features are similar ( small ) and are both back sleepers.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I slept with the pressure of 9-12 and the adjusted EPR of 2.

My AHI was 2.58 and leaks 12.

My CA has come in to 0.90 from 2.60

I will be getting my chinstrap on Monday.

Do you think these results look ok?

One thing I don't understand about masks, is that everyone says they shouldn't be tight but I always have to have them quite tight to stop leaks.
If they are not tight they leak like crazy.
I would love to have the pillows rest gently on/in my nostrils and not have straps pulling tight.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks great Gabby.

I was hoping your CA's would calm down with the EPR at 2. So that is good.

Now, just run with it the way it is for a couple days and see how you feel.

Well, define "tight." By too tight, I mean uncomfortable, as in creating pain and suffering. That's too tight. Or in my case if a chinstrap is too tight I get a crazy go nutz pain in that whatever it's called gland between the jaw and the ear. That's too tight.

So with the chinstrap, gently encourage the jaw to stay forward. The tongue is what actually stops the mouth breathing if the jaw is positioned right.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 06:53 PM)retired_guy Wrote: That looks great Gabby.

I was hoping your CA's would calm down with the EPR at 2. So that is good.

Now, just run with it the way it is for a couple days and see how you feel.

Well, define "tight." By too tight, I mean uncomfortable, as in creating pain and suffering. That's too tight. Or in my case if a chinstrap is too tight I get a crazy go nutz pain in that whatever it's called gland between the jaw and the ear. That's too tight.

So with the chinstrap, gently encourage the jaw to stay forward. The tongue is what actually stops the mouth breathing if the jaw is positioned right.
Cheers r_g will keep at it.
No other choice.
How did you know my CA would go down? I just do not get all of this jargon.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 07:46 PM)Gabby Wrote: How did you know my CA would go down? I just do not get all of this jargon.

I used a specialize analysis method of determining the likelihood that you would experience a decline in CA as a result of modification to your EPR. The technical term for it is abbreviated "WAG."
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 09:57 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 07:46 PM)Gabby Wrote: How did you know my CA would go down? I just do not get all of this jargon.

I used a specialize analysis method of determining the likelihood that you would experience a decline in CA as a result of modification to your EPR. The technical term for it is abbreviated "WAG."

Cheers!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,434 9 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 62 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 133 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 275 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 154 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 521 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 133 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.