Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead crashes when updating data
sleepyhead crashes when updating data
Hi everyone, all of a sudden Sleepyhead keeps crashing when I try to update data from my Respironics RemStar Auto. When I opened the software this morning it had my user name in red and the word "open" in parenthesis. I clicked on my user name and got a dialog box that said, "There is a lockfile already present for profile." I clicked ok and tried to update from my SD card and the software crashed. I tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, but it seemed to remember all my profile and still did the same thing.

Anybody encounter this before?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepyhead crashes when updating data
A couple of others have reported it. It's also on the sleepyhead bug list. If you go to Help > About in sleepyhead it should tell you where the data folder is located. Close Sleepyhead, rename that folder and open SH again and let it create a new folder. This should allow you to import all your data again without remembering old settings. Plus, the old stuff will still be there, in the renamed folder, if you need to go back to it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
And I thought it was just me! I've already sent an email to the author begging his assistance in hopefully diagnosing the reason for this as I have had the same problem now on two different PC Drives, and I went as far as putting a fresh copy of WIN 10 on an drive with no other programs to insure it was not due to a conflict. I also tried installing in Safe Mode.... same results. Someone posted that a particular download site had a corrupted version.. I tried another and still it occurred. Will certainly try the above suggestion as it's a mirror image problem to mine. And I see you are using the FLASH Air SD Card. I just ordered one to use and hope it works!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried what I believe is very combination of suggested file changes, yet it still crashes on download.......... Still looking for a solution to this problem... And I just tried it on a spare WIN 10 Laptop and the same results of a crash....... Anyone else have any proven success?
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Semi Solved! The Sleepyhead Crash upon Data Download Problem
Since posting this earlier I went back to ALL the CPAP sites and found this is a widespread issue with many users looking for an answer.....

After hours of testing again with no positive results, I found the following link: http://www.apneaboard.com/SH-old/

Its here I found the Older Versions and downloaded specifically the v0.9.8-1-T3-testing version... and so far it does NOT crash when importing Data....

What the disadvantages are I don't know as of yet, and I'm about to do some deeper tests.

If someone has a better update or work-around, please let me know.....
Post Reply Post Reply
If 0.9.8-1 works with your machine, I would stick with that version. Beta-2 only added support for additional machines and as you have seen, a host of new bugs were unleashed. It is a beta after all. I haven't heard if another release is in the works yet.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that Alan as I am just piecing together all that I missed as I took a 2 year sabbatical from the CPAP..... Just could not deal with the mask... but I'm taking another shot at it with an alternative Nasal pillows mask.... and the challenge of the downloads from the System One keeps me interested, otherwise it would all be just too boring for me.

I know there must be many others who gave up on Sleepy Head as no where else did the suggestion arise to go back to an earlier version to solve the issue.....
Post Reply Post Reply
0.9.8-1 has some quirks but seems to be stable compared to b2. For some of the newer machines, beta-2 would be the only choice other than vendor's software (if it exists).

Good luck with your therapy.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had similar problems on three different win 10 pc's, sleepyhead would crash every time a data download was attempted despite severe re-installation attempts etc.
Went back to the earlier 0.9 version and after downloading the additional DLL's it now seems to work ok with the data from a Respironics 560 APAP.
I haven't tried with the Devilbiss 64 series machine as yet or installed it on another laptop so far either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2016, 06:12 PM)jgoole Wrote: Hi everyone, all of a sudden Sleepyhead keeps crashing when I try to update data from my Respironics RemStar Auto. When I opened the software this morning it had my user name in red and the word "open" in parenthesis. I clicked on my user name and got a dialog box that said, "There is a lockfile already present for profile." I clicked ok and tried to update from my SD card and the software crashed. I tried to uninstall the software and reinstall it, but it seemed to remember all my profile and still did the same thing.

Anybody encounter this before?

Thanks!

I did, I moved my data file to the cloud and did and unstill of sleepy head.

I then ran a search *sleepyhead*.* and found a residual file folder that did not get deleted on the uninstall.

It was named "SleepyheadData Testing"

After I deleted the residual file folder I was able to do a new install that ran just fine.

I am running Win 10
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 233 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 322 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Oscar 1.5.1 crashes - M1 Mac Sonoma 14.3.1 unadvisedfun 6 418 02-21-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,679 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  European ResMed CPAP blocked from updating to US phone app fuzz 10 673 02-13-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Crashes when Changing the Language hisaotsu 7 1,031 11-29-2023, 05:42 AM
Last Post: hisaotsu
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,077 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.