Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

sleepyhead help needed
I have been on cpap for about 6 weeks now. I had to send my data card in last week. I got it back today. I put it in my machine so it could transfer the info to the card. I then put it in my computer and tried to transfer the data to sleepyhead but it's showing nothing for that time period. I don't know if they sent me back the same card or not. How can I get the info to transfer?
09-15-2014 03:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: sleepyhead help needed
I'm not as familiar with Respironics machines -- sorry, but I think the answer is that you cannot get it back.
If it is like the resMed machines, and I believe it is, then the data is only recorded when the card is in place during a session.
Simple compliance data like hours used per day might be kept in the machine; but not the more useful data you're accustomed to seeing in SleepyHead.

The preventative measure would have been to put another SD card during the time your regular card was away.
A 2GB class 2 SD card would do fine. Then you could have imported your data from the "backup" card before swapping the primary card back in.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-15-2014 03:29 PM
Ghandi Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: RemStar Pro with C-Flex+Philips Respironics System One
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: airfit p10(resmed)
Humidifier: systeme one humidifier with humidity set at 3 and heat set at 1
CPAP Pressure: 8

Other Comments:

I confirm what Just Mongo said. It's exactly the same for repironics. Sorry dude.
09-15-2014 04:31 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Terry Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips Respironics RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P/R Nuance & Pap Cap
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: Auto

Other Comments:

(09-15-2014 03:00 PM)JMyers Wrote:  I have been on cpap for about 6 weeks now. I had to send my data card in last week. I got it back today. I put it in my machine so it could transfer the info to the card. I then put it in my computer and tried to transfer the data to sleepyhead but it's showing nothing for that time period. I don't know if they sent me back the same card or not. How can I get the info to transfer?

If you put a blank card into your machine, you'll get all your data, except for the raw breathing data that shows on the Flow Rate graph.

This does work because I just formatted an SD card and did it. 8-)

One thing to note is that the machine uses 2GB SD cards. I don't know if a larger card would work and I don't know if an SDHC card would work.

A smaller card will work. I just popped in a 512M SD card and it worked perfectly.

First it says the card is corrupted and it wants to format it (say "OK"). This takes a while to complete. Then it transfers the data, then it's done.

Terry
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 05:50 PM by Terry.)
09-15-2014 05:49 PM
Mac_Sheepcounter Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 5-10

Other Comments: Playing with the nice PO-300 Oximeter :-)

(09-15-2014 05:49 PM)Terry Wrote:  ---snip---
One thing to note is that the machine uses 2GB SD cards. I don't know if a larger card would work and I don't know if an SDHC card would work.

A smaller card will work. I just popped in a 512M SD card and it worked perfectly.

First it says the card is corrupted and it wants to format it (say "OK"). This takes a while to complete. Then it transfers the data, then it's done.

Terry
Please let me add something, i learned from selling Linux-based devices using SD-cards:
SD and SDHC cards are NOT compatible. Even if they look and taste identically.
The trick here may be, that files on SD cards up to 2GB may be accessed by the more or less "free" FAT32 file system.
Creating files larger 4GB need an "NTFS" file system. That's some Microsoft thing, they invented with Windows-NT. It's still full of copyrights, lefts and straights. So manufacturers who avoid license fees will go for for the FAT32 thingy and are bound to the <4GB limit (what will result in using a max. 2 GB card).

Also (like mentioned above) the SDHC cards are not working in pure "SD" slots. They're internally very different organized to regular SD cards.

That's the reason, why 2 GB SD cards are still in production and used in nearly every device that uses some OpenSource software Wink

Just my 2-(EUR)-cents

Mac
09-19-2014 04:47 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Advice needed for struggling CPAP user Fubblin 35 1,983 11-18-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Needed [am I doomed?] jennie54 3 312 10-13-2016 04:04 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
Question AHI still 6~10 after 2 wks. Advice needed jm54 14 875 09-15-2016 08:42 AM
Last Post: richb
  Severe Apnea - Advice Needed Dreams of Green 25 1,546 08-31-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: martinsr00
  Help needed explaining what is happening during this OA episode toinewi 1 228 08-10-2016 08:03 PM
Last Post: green wings
  SleepyHead download help needed FrustratedWife 7 524 05-12-2016 07:10 AM
Last Post: Mich
  Help Needed Please RapmasterUK 11 681 05-10-2016 11:11 AM
Last Post: RapmasterUK