Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage FX
Humidifier: Hi5
CPAP Pressure: 14 cm h2o
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

sleepyhead oops!
I've been pulling my data card out of the cpap each morning to look at the results from the night before. Two mornings ago, I forgot to put it back in the machine and spent a night on the cpap without the data card. I was hoping when I put the data card back it in, it would autmatically pick up that missed night but it hasn't.

Is there anything I can do to get the data from the one night off of the cpap and on to the data card? My AHI varies widely from night to night so it's not possible for me to guess or average out my AHI for that night.

I'm a little bit worried that if I don't somehow recover the data, it's going to look like I skipped a night on the cpap and my DME says I have to have 30 consecutive nights of data to qualify to keep the machine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
SSA
11-27-2013 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: sleepyhead oops!
(11-27-2013 11:07 PM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote:  I'm a little bit worried that if I don't somehow recover the data, it's going to look like I skipped a night on the cpap and my DME says I have to have 30 consecutive nights of data to qualify to keep the machine. Anyone have any suggestions?

The number of hours used should still be on the card (was written to the card when you put it back in the CPAP machine the next day).

The detailed data such as your AHI may be lost forever. That doesn't matter because it needs to measured for many nights to be able to draw any meaningful conclusions.

After you've been on CPAP therapy for a few weeks your AHI should become more consistent from night to night.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-27-2013 11:34 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Yeah, the hours will be there but not anything else. All detailed data is written onto the card at the time it happens. This is for ResMed. I think Respironics stores it onboard for a while.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-27-2013 11:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Detailed data written directly on the card and not recoverable if the card was not inserted in the machine
Put the card back in the machine and the machine write compliance and therapy data on the card
If not mistaken SleepyHead does not read the card if some files missing but you should have no such problem with ResScan
11-27-2013 11:41 PM
sir_sleeps_alot Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Mirage FX
Humidifier: Hi5
CPAP Pressure: 14 cm h2o

Other Comments:

Sleepyhead has no problem reading the card, it's just that there is no data for that day.

Man, this is a bummer!

(11-27-2013 11:41 PM)zonk Wrote:  Detailed data written directly on the card and not recoverable if the card was not inserted in the machine
Put the card back in the machine and the machine write compliance and therapy data on the card
If not mistaken SleepyHead does not read the card if some files missing but you should have no such problem with ResScan
11-28-2013 01:25 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Download ResScan for verification but ResScan does not works with Mac computers
11-28-2013 01:49 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(11-28-2013 01:25 PM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote:  Sleepyhead has no problem reading the card, it's just that there is no data for that day.

Perhaps the compliance data only is there, but SH can't read it.

Try ResScan.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

11-28-2013 08:13 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

FYI
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
11-29-2013 01:29 PM
cbramsey Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 6 - 12

Other Comments: Supreme Overlord of Web Darkness

(11-28-2013 01:49 PM)zonk Wrote:  Download ResScan for verification but ResScan does not works with Mac computers

Zonk is correct in that ResScan does not work natively with the Mac Operating System . In order to use ResScan on a Mac, you will have to either setup a Windows partition using Boot Camp or use software such as Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion.

11-29-2013 07:42 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10

Other Comments:

(11-27-2013 11:07 PM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote:  I've been pulling my data card out of the cpap each morning to look at the results from the night before. Two mornings ago, I forgot to put it back in the machine and spent a night on the cpap without the data card. I was hoping when I put the data card back it in, it would autmatically pick up that missed night but it hasn't.

I did the same thing a few nights ago. Put the card back into the machine and it will write the compliance data to the card, but not the detail data. In Sleepyhead it looks like you missed a night, but in ResScan the compliance data still shows up.

I'd be pretty sure the DME would use the "official" software (ie ResScan) so you shouldn't have any problems.

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

11-30-2013 02:29 AM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Surprised oops! Sleeeppp 3 552 11-04-2015 06:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeeppp
Exclaimation Oops - wiped out SD card PollCat 4 1,379 11-20-2013 12:02 PM
Last Post: i-want-my-sleep-back
  Oops Devilbiss Standard Plus got wet...problems? artmanr 3 1,842 03-30-2013 09:04 PM
Last Post: Shastzi