Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead oops!
sleepyhead oops!
I've been pulling my data card out of the cpap each morning to look at the results from the night before. Two mornings ago, I forgot to put it back in the machine and spent a night on the cpap without the data card. I was hoping when I put the data card back it in, it would autmatically pick up that missed night but it hasn't.

Is there anything I can do to get the data from the one night off of the cpap and on to the data card? My AHI varies widely from night to night so it's not possible for me to guess or average out my AHI for that night.

I'm a little bit worried that if I don't somehow recover the data, it's going to look like I skipped a night on the cpap and my DME says I have to have 30 consecutive nights of data to qualify to keep the machine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
SSA
RE: sleepyhead oops!
(11-27-2013, 11:07 PM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote: I'm a little bit worried that if I don't somehow recover the data, it's going to look like I skipped a night on the cpap and my DME says I have to have 30 consecutive nights of data to qualify to keep the machine. Anyone have any suggestions?

The number of hours used should still be on the card (was written to the card when you put it back in the CPAP machine the next day).

The detailed data such as your AHI may be lost forever. That doesn't matter because it needs to measured for many nights to be able to draw any meaningful conclusions.

After you've been on CPAP therapy for a few weeks your AHI should become more consistent from night to night.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Yeah, the hours will be there but not anything else. All detailed data is written onto the card at the time it happens. This is for ResMed. I think Respironics stores it onboard for a while.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Detailed data written directly on the card and not recoverable if the card was not inserted in the machine
Put the card back in the machine and the machine write compliance and therapy data on the card
If not mistaken SleepyHead does not read the card if some files missing but you should have no such problem with ResScan

Sleepyhead has no problem reading the card, it's just that there is no data for that day.

Man, this is a bummer!

(11-27-2013, 11:41 PM)zonk Wrote: Detailed data written directly on the card and not recoverable if the card was not inserted in the machine
Put the card back in the machine and the machine write compliance and therapy data on the card
If not mistaken SleepyHead does not read the card if some files missing but you should have no such problem with ResScan

Download ResScan for verification but ResScan does not works with Mac computers
(11-28-2013, 01:25 PM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote: Sleepyhead has no problem reading the card, it's just that there is no data for that day.

Perhaps the compliance data only is there, but SH can't read it.

Try ResScan.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
FYI
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
(11-28-2013, 01:49 PM)zonk Wrote: Download ResScan for verification but ResScan does not works with Mac computers

Zonk is correct in that ResScan does not work natively with the Mac Operating System . In order to use ResScan on a Mac, you will have to either setup a Windows partition using Boot Camp or use software such as Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion.
(11-27-2013, 11:07 PM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote: I've been pulling my data card out of the cpap each morning to look at the results from the night before. Two mornings ago, I forgot to put it back in the machine and spent a night on the cpap without the data card. I was hoping when I put the data card back it in, it would autmatically pick up that missed night but it hasn't.

I did the same thing a few nights ago. Put the card back into the machine and it will write the compliance data to the card, but not the detail data. In Sleepyhead it looks like you missed a night, but in ResScan the compliance data still shows up.

I'd be pretty sure the DME would use the "official" software (ie ResScan) so you shouldn't have any problems.

Quote:
ADMIN NOTE:
This thread is now closed. If you have a question regarding the SleepyHead software package, please go HERE.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised oops! Sleeeppp 3 1,492 11-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeeppp
Exclaimation Oops - wiped out SD card PollCat 4 2,301 11-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Last Post: i-want-my-sleep-back
  Oops Devilbiss Standard Plus got wet...problems? artmanr 3 2,891 03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Shastzi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.