Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead & oximetry
sleepyhead & oximetry
I understand that cms-50 series oximeters work with sleepyhead. i did get my oximetry stuff into sleepyhead but its on an oximetry page and not comingled with the sleepyhead cpap graphs. i thought that the oximetry graph would be in line with the other graphs so you could look at ahi, pressure and leaks along with o2 and see how they fit together. i see no real point in importing the data to sleepyhead if you have to go to a different page to view the data. the sp02 program included with cms oximeters gives a much better picture and gives detailed reports if you are looking at it seperately. now for the question for anybody that does import oximetry into sleepyhead: am i missing something here or is this the way it is supposed to work or am i missing a step? thanks.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepyhead & oximetry
Hi greatunclebill,

How did you import the data? I had problems at first when I tried to import directly from the device instead of saving the SPO2 file to my hard drive and then importing into Sleepyhead. On a rare occassion the software was acting a little buggy and didnt import the data correctly. In that case what worked for me was to purge the data and just repeat the process.

When sucessful you should have your graphs snyced with sleepyhead and be able to compair events on the Sleepyhead Daily page.

[Image: Oximetry-sleepyhead-example.jpg]
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
okay, i have the spor file on the hard drive in the spo program files data folder. i click the oximetry page and it says no oximetry data available. then i click open spor file and the graph shows up in the oximetry page but not on the daily page. when i close sleepyhead and start over i have to go thru the motions again because it is not saving in sleepy head. how do i get it in the daily page? step by step would be good because others will have this problem. thanks.

edit: got it now. i didn't do this step: 7.Click on the “Save File” icon located in the lower right corner of the sleepyhead user interface.
the reason i didn't think to save is because it's just and icon and don't say save. your wiki page helped.

thanks.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
pssnn's new Wiki article on importing the cms-50 oximeter data into SleepyHead is here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

I think he did an excellent job on the article!

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 11:33 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: pssnn's new Wiki article on importing the cms-50 oximeter data into SleepyHead is here:

I think he did an excellent job on the article!

Thanks

i concur completely. he gets a greatunclebill SPOT ON...

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 11:11 AM)greatunclebill Wrote: okay, i have the spor file on the hard drive in the spo program files data folder. i click the oximetry page and it says no oximetry data available. then i click open spor file and the graph shows up in the oximetry page but not on the daily page. when i close sleepyhead and start over i have to go thru the motions again because it is not saving in sleepy head. how do i get it in the daily page? step by step would be good because others will have this problem. thanks.

Did you have a look at this article?

If so it is still not working for you I would mention a couple of points.

1. After you import and then click on the “Save File” icon located in the lower right corner of the sleepyhead user interface, the Sleepyhead Oximetry window will display “No Data”. This is normal.
  2. Navigate to the details tab (after you click on the “Save File” icon and confirm to save the data.) Your data should be there.
  3. Occasionally the data will not be there. What I have done that worked was to reimport and save. If that does not work try clicking on the "Rebuild Oximetry Indices" from the Data menu on the top of the Sleepyhead interface.

Doooh! ---didnt write a reply fast enoughOh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 11:42 AM)pssnn Wrote: Did you have a look at this article?

Yep, he did... he replied in the Wiki Editors Forum here (not on the Wiki)... not sure if you saw that - I did give you access to the Wiki Editors Forum, right?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 11:51 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I did give you access to the Wiki Editors Forum, right?

Yes I have access. Thanks I just read that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 11:51 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 11:42 AM)pssnn Wrote: Did you have a look at this article?

Yep, he did... he replied in the Wiki Editors Forum here (not on the Wiki)... not sure if you saw that - I did give you access to the Wiki Editors Forum, right?

i did reply above but it was as an edit to my previous reply. not a good idea for conversation flow i guess.. he saw it after he replied and editied his post too...

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my pulse oximeter yesterday and used it for the first time last night. I have a MacBook Pro that has the SleepyHead software installed on it. I also have a PC desktop that I had to use to install the oximetry software on since it's not compatible with Mac. My question is how do I save the report that's imported into the software on my PC so I can email it to myself on my laptop then save it and open it in SleepyHead?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 732 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 589 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 648 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  OSCAR Oximetry settings has no effect on SPO2 event number JohnAT 5 663 08-05-2022, 11:23 PM
Last Post: JohnAT
  Need help interpreting Pulse Oximetry results Mindbullets 20 2,517 11-18-2021, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hegel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.