Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead - supported CPAPs for my situation
sleepyhead - supported CPAPs for my situation
A couple things: I'm new to this forum, so I'm not familiar with any search functions. If my questions have been answered in other posts, please let me know.

Currently have a Devilbiss DVD53 and have always been using the SmartCode functions to generate reports. What I have just found is that the SmartCode does not count days after 2.8 years (1023) days. I'm now in year 4, so I've just realized the math on the SmartCode reports is invalid.

I need to generate 1-yr reports (the SmartCode will do 30/60/90, but not 1 year), and I need to show compliance > 6 hrs. The Devilbiss I have reports compliance at > 4 hrs.

My Devilbiss does not have SD capability, it is internal SmartCode only.

I'm now in the market for a new CPAP that can get me that info.

What brands/models of CPAP does Sleepyhead support?

Do those CPAPs record the information necessary for an annual report like I need?

Can the sleepyhead software generate a 1-yr report that calculates compliance at > 6 hrs?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepyhead - supported CPAPs for my situation
G'day KSMatthew, welcome to Apnea Board.

Looking at the specs for your DV53D, it shows that 3 years' compliance data is stored in the machine. It's not stated, but I would assume this is a rolling storage, with the oldest day dropped off as each new day occurs. If this is the case, then your compliance data should still be there, it's just a matter of accessing it. Again from reading (and without having used one) I believe the DeVilbiss machines have an optional extra adaptor which lets you use an SD card to access the data, which can then be read by SleepyHead.

If you want to go down the route of getting a new machine, it would pay to read this article for guidance: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Most new auto machines from the big manufacturers (ResMed, Philips Respironics, Fisher & Paykel) have full compatibility with SleepyHead software. (Or to put it another way, the developer of SleepyHead has made sure his program will read data from those machines).

SleepyHead is highly configurable and there is an option to change the compliance time from the standard 4 hours to a time of your choosing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback.

I see that the Dream Station Pro is supported, that's good news.

The DV53, it's a complicated situation. I do not have the add-on module for the SD card. I have been relying on the SmartCode.

However ...

I have to show an annual usage report now (new requirement for a certification of mine). The SmartCode does keep running totals for a 90day report so I can do 4 90 day reports. The problem is my requirement is also to show compliance usage averaging >6 hrs/day. The SmartCode reports only show compliance by counting nights >4 hrs. Until now, I had beeen relying on the lifetime counter: how many days used and how many hours gives me an average hours/day. Sounds simple. But the DV53 date counter stops incrementing after 1023 days (2.8 yrs). Once you hit the 1023rd day, the lifetime usage report is no longer valid. The total hours used keep counting up, but the days used does not. So my average hours/night is invalid after that point. I CAN manually calculate the number of days since my last report, and calculate the difference in hours between reports to get a good long term average but the DV53 and its SmartCode reporting for lifetime usage is wrong. I don't know if this 2.8 year problem is resolved with the SD module or not.

This is not just my DV53, a buddy has the same problem. I've contacted Devillbis tech support, but have not gotten a response.

I'm probably going to buy new, rather than pay extra for an SD module and hope. I need to start accumulating good data, so I can't wait for Devillbis.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello KSMatthew. Welcome to the forum.

I see you are considering a DreamStationCPAP Pro, which is the machine I use. I really like my machine. It does everything it is supposed to do and has the features a modern straight CPAP machine should have. There are times, however, when I wish I had the DreamStationAuto CPAP. It will do anything the CPAP Pro can plus it is an auto machine. It can be setup to automatically adjust your pressure to to treat your sleep apnea or it can be run at a set pressure.

Have you considered purchasing an auto machine? While you may not need an auto, they don't cost much more than a straight cpap machine. If, in the future, it turns out you need an auto machine you won't have to purchase a new machine. You could also use it to self titrate. I self titrated recently and found my prescribed pressure was too low. While both machines have auto trial, it is limited to a total of 30 days usage in auto trial mode. My next machine will be an auto.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a low setting, 7cm, and my AHI numbers are typically 1.5. I will check on pricing of the auto, but don't think I need it. I don't even use the ramp or flex features I already have. I'm looking at the Pro vs standard mainly because of recording capability. I do like the idea of self titrating, but if my reports show any change in my prescribed pressure, I run into the risk of having to do another sleep study. My prescription is not for an auto CPAP. For me, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question:

Is there any way to download the internal data from the DVD53 without using the SD card add-on module (SmartLink)? Can I plug in some cable, for example, and read it from another PC?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2016, 04:23 PM)KSMatthew Wrote: Another question:

Is there any way to download the internal data from the DVD53 without using the SD card add-on module (SmartLink)? Can I plug in some cable, for example, and read it from another PC?

From what I can find, there is a USB cable but it requires the Smartlink module.

Have you asked your DME if they can temporarily provide a module to allow the data to be downloaded to an SD card? One of the selling points in the Smartlink brochure is that the module can be used on another machine once the compliance period is finished. (Apparently DeVilbis don't believe in continuing monitoring of your therapy!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hadn't thought about renting or getting a loaner smartlink.

My compliance period is a full year so I'd really have to buy one. I've pretty much decided to get a new machine because of this, and stay away from Devilbiss. Too bad, I do like this CPAP but it doesn't support my reporting requirements.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  no supported data was found Rosew 1 467 12-01-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Rosew
  No Supported data Charge 6 741 11-07-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question No supported data was found auterrific 4 748 10-26-2023, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  No supported data was found Shrinkmeister 3 732 09-14-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Shrinkmeister
  what kind of Lowenstein machines are supported by OSCAR? acerlogic 1 1,099 04-19-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed AirSence 10 Autoset with C2C - is it supported? GWild 2 773 06-27-2022, 08:23 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Phillips DreamStation2 Not Supported ela1301 6 1,280 12-17-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Bob2701

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.