Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 weeks into my new life....
5 weeks into my new life....
Well, I am still really pleased with my CPAP journey. I have my Resmed set on 14 now - I actually really like it on set rather than auto, I kept waking when it increased. I am also having less leak issues, very few really. I am still sleeping 8 - 9 hours a night - mind you I love it and wake feeling so much more rested than I used to. Occasionally I have had a not so good night, usually mask leak issues and felt tired the next day but that has only been a handful of times and it has been so good since the fixed pressure.

Now that I am so comfortable with using CPAP I might actually try a different mask, something that is a bit more sturdy perhaps. I would like to have more than one mask so I can wash them frequently.

I am thinking of trying the Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask after reading the reviews. I just need to find out what the prices are and what size I am... I will go back to where I got mine but might order online as I suspect I can save heaps.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 weeks into my new life....
Congratulations! - its nice to read posts like this.
Gives me more hope that it will be worth the trouble to get the equipment and do the studies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2012, 08:55 PM)Ulrika Wrote: Now that I am so comfortable with using CPAP I might actually try a different mask, something that is a bit more sturdy perhaps. I would like to have more than one mask so I can wash them frequently.

My insurance pays for a new mask every 3 months. I have to keep calling my DME to remind them when the 3 months is up. New hose every 3 months, also. New filters and nasal pillows every 2 weeks. New chin strap and humidifier every 6 months.

This way I have more than one of everything on hand so I can wash them and let them dry while using others.

Archangle had the ultimate in extra supplies. An extra (older) CPAP machine that he uses to dry out the hoses after he washes them!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ulrika, It's great that you are having such wonderful success with your CPAP treatment. Yeah, sometimes you will have those off nights, it happens to me, too, seems to be the nature of the beast, (Ha-Ha-Ha.) Another way you could just have one mask and wash it frequently is: A couple years ago, I purchased a piece of equipment from the number 1 supplyer on the main apnea board forum supplyer list. It is called, "Hurricane CPAP Equipment Dryer." It uses some heat but not enough to be too hot on the mask parts. It works well for me. This dryer wasn't too expensive, at the time I bought mine I paid around $150.00. If you had an old CPAP machine, that would also dry out your mask and hose very well, I did that before I purchased that dryer I mentioned. Keep up the great success, trish6hundred
(05-25-2012, 08:55 PM)Ulrika Wrote: Well, I am still really pleased with my CPAP journey. I have my Resmed set on 14 now - I actually really like it on set rather than auto, I kept waking when it increased. I am also having less leak issues, very few really. I am still sleeping 8 - 9 hours a night - mind you I love it and wake feeling so much more rested than I used to. Occasionally I have had a not so good night, usually mask leak issues and felt tired the next day but that has only been a handful of times and it has been so good since the fixed pressure.

Now that I am so comfortable with using CPAP I might actually try a different mask, something that is a bit more sturdy perhaps. I would like to have more than one mask so I can wash them frequently.

I am thinking of trying the Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask after reading the reviews. I just need to find out what the prices are and what size I am... I will go back to where I got mine but might order online as I suspect I can save heaps.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,499 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,108 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.