Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

smart card software
RE: smart card software
(05-13-2012, 05:54 PM)mp3family Wrote: Will all the ResMed Elites give the AHI? Is S7 the earliest? Thanks
Yes the Elite and Autoset do display AHI and leak but both S7 and S8 been discontinued. ResScan software support both S9 and S8 but the S8 require special card/card reader which is difficult to find.
S8 and S9 series comparisons and specifications
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
I am now getting a ResMed Elite II S8. The data Management Guide says it will display the AHI/HI and EVENTS on the LED Screen. I will need the card and reader to download to the computer for all the data. I won't know if I can use what is on the LED screen until I get it in hand and play with it. Most likely I will need the card and reader which I found for sale also. I just wanted a cheaper unit I can manage my own and get the best results possible. I should have it tomorrow if all goes as planned. Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2012, 09:28 PM)mp3family Wrote: Most likely I will need the card and reader which I found for sale also.
S8 require a special card and a special card reader unlike the S9 which any generic SD card and card reader will be fine.
Just make sure its for the S8.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got my ResMed S8 Elite II, I know it takes a special card and reader, which is not cheap. I can get one of each if needed. But I can't find the USB adapter for it anywhere. But it does give this data on the LCD. Efficacy Data: PRESS, LEAK, AHI, AL, & HI (along with the usage date). It also give the average/hour for DAY, WEEK, MONTH, 6 MONTHS, & YEAR. So I don't need to download any data to get enough data to safely, effectively monitor, and change my settings? I know I can do a lot more with the data downloaded to my computer. And I am sure I will end up doing that one day. But for now is this all I need? Thanks for the warm welcome and the much needed help!
Post Reply Post Reply
The manual is available via email, scroll down to section three (section one tells you how to get into clinical menu)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

It took me a while to find this video for you as cpaplibrary removed it from their site may be bc the S8 been discounted....
http://vimeo.com/19565675
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk, I have it and I can get into everything. I am now looking at the software manual. Wow this stuff gives a lot of info and options. I have everything to run but my new mask and the seal for the humidifier lid. Which both are coming.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was editing my post while you were posting at the same time
Just added a video about the S8 you might find useful
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk that is a very good video. Which brings me to the water tank, does it have to have that piece on top of the water tank? If so how do you get one? My machine doesn't have the seal that fits on the top lid. So I had to order a new lid to get it. I have a Components Card for the H4i humidifier which is what I have. But it does not list the horseshoe looking seal that goes on top of the water tank. Does it come with the lid seal? Thanks you have been a blessing through all of this.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/h4i/h4...c=patients

Looking at the replacement parts of the above link it shows flip-top lid & seal 26953. I assume the horseshoe looking seal "spill guard" is part of the water chamber its not listed as a separate part, may be an S8 user to chime in and let us know
(there,re two types of water chambers, standard and cleanable).
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I already had the flip-top lid & seal 26953 on order and used the seal and that worked. Very quite machine. I don't have the other horseshoe looking part and it is not needed. My card is in the mail, should have Monday. But my reader will take a little while, it is coming from Israel. Info from the machine Friday night 5:40 hours AHI 6.7, AI 1.4, HI 3.8 my nasal mask was way to tight. Last night was way better on my mast fit. sleep total of 8:27, AHI 10.6, AI 3.1, HI 7.5 I start my therapy at CPAP 11.0 cm and will continue that for at least a few more days. Feeling good lately Wink Thank you to those who posted and this wonder forum. Time to do some more studying.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,465 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 540 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,125 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.