Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

smart card software
smart card software
Hello I am new here. I have been reading a lot on the web and found this great site. I have an Respironics REMstarPlus M series machine with a humidifier. It has a smart card in it. Is there any software I can download that is freeware? I want to do what a lot of people do in here and be able to read the card myself. I know that I can use EncoreViewer. But I am looking for something for free that I can get my AHI. Thanks, James
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: smart card software
Welcome to Apnea Board, James
The REMstarPlus And any PR machines with plus in the name only shows compliance hours used and nothing else, Also it need special card reader to go with the Encore Viewer which you can buy on-line.
SleepyHead is a free software support PR System one, Resmed S9 plus some other machines and CMS-50D+ oximeter.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Zonk. So my machine won't ever show nothing but compliance hours? I can see that right on the machine, so a card reader and software is useless for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I just looked it up on the Respironics website.

Quote:
  • Optional Encore Pro SmartCard capability for basic compliance reporting
  • Enhanced compliance reporting statistics include humidification use and C-Flex setting
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. Glad I did not order the software and reader.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI: CPAP specifications guide
http://respironicsremstars.respironics.com/
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you buy machines without a prescription? What about used machines online?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Zonk. As you can tell I am new at this. Are the hoses standard size? Can I buy most manufacturers masks/nasal mask and they fit most hoses? Thanks guys
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 08:57 PM)mp3family Wrote: Can you buy machines without a prescription? What about used machines online?
In US prescription is required for CPAP by law but does no harm to try and You can also check craiglist.
I forget who posted the other day buying an S9 Autoset privately for a good price...Anyone recall this thread please?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 09:06 PM)mp3family Wrote: Thanks for the reply Zonk. As you can tell I am new at this. Are the hoses standard size? Can I buy most manufacturers masks/nasal mask and they fit most hoses? Thanks guys
You can use any standard hose 22mm with your machine, the newer slim hose 15mm can be only used with the S9 series and the new PRS1 models. All masks fit on either the standard or slim hoses.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 362 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,002 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,452 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.