Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Fisher Paykal HC221LE
Fisher Paykal HC221LE
I need toknow how to change the pressure on my CPAP. Does anyone have the manual for the Fisher Paykal HC221LE. It's an older model.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher Paykal HC221LE
Welcome

I don't know for sure, but I think that model has a small hidden compartment on the right side. If this is right, you should be able to remove the cover by pushing down while sliding. Inside the compartment should be a knob that you can get to pop out by pushing in on it. Once it's popped out you should be able to turn it to change the pressure settings. I think there is suppossed to be a little LED screen in there to show the pressure in cmH2O. If it is locked, you should see a little picture of a key on the main screen when you try to change the pressure.

If this is right and you find the machine is locked, let me know and I can give the directions I've found for unlocking it.

All of this is just some stuff I read, so hopefully it works; but, I have no first-hand knowledge of the machine.

Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Diane, I got your email request for the manual. I sent you the following manual:

Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle 200 Auto (should cover all 200 series Auto machines, including the HC254)

That one should contain instructions for adjusting pressure on your HC221LE.

Let us know if it does/doesn't work for you.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2013, 09:31 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: If this is right and you find the machine is locked, let me know and I can give the directions I've found for unlocking it.

I'd be interesting in you posting those directions here if you can, JG... Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I found for unlocking F&P HC220 Series:

-Turn machine off.

-With machine off, turn the humidity dial to "0".

-Turn the machine on while holding the "Ramp" button down.

-This should start the machine in "programming" mode.

-In programming mode, you should be able to turn the humidity dial to change "1" through "5" on the LED window.

-Turn the dial to select "4" on LED window.

-Press the "Ramp" button.

-The machine should reboot unlocked and you should be able to change the settings.

This is what I found; maybe someone who has one can post whether or not this works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepydiane,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck on setting up your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2013, 08:11 AM)sleepydiane Wrote: I need toknow how to change the pressure on my CPAP. Does anyone have the manual for the Fisher Paykal HC221LE. It's an older model.

(03-13-2013, 10:24 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: This is what I found for unlocking F&P HC220 Series:

-Turn machine off.

-With machine off, turn the humidity dial to "0".

-Turn the machine on while holding the "Ramp" button down.

-This should start the machine in "programming" mode.

-In programming mode, you should be able to turn the humidity dial to change "1" through "5" on the LED window.

-Turn the dial to select "4" on LED window.

-Press the "Ramp" button.

-The machine should reboot unlocked and you should be able to change the settings.

This is what I found; maybe someone who has one can post whether or not this works.

Well I tried the above.... with machine off, turned humidifier dial to zero, and started machine while holding Ramp button down.

A number showed on the screen, I got nervous ( I guess I was expecting the air to turn on) so i just turned the machine off. Then when i turned the machine back on, i found that I was able to turn the small black button on the side with a screwdriver, and adjust the pressure.

So I had success! Thanks everyone for the input! Been sleeping MUCH better!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,612 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,454 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Velcro Issues - Fisher and Paykel Vitera cmpman1974 6 690 08-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Last Post: car54
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 376 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  Stats from old Fisher & Paykel HC234? Marty McSly 3 644 12-19-2022, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Marty McSly
  [CPAP] What does this mean on my Fisher Paykel icon+ annoyed 1 604 11-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Equipment] Fisher & Paykel Oracle 452 Oral CPAP Mask for BPAP kakadyi 3 744 09-16-2022, 05:23 AM
Last Post: kakadyi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.