Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

smart start for resmed s9
smart start for resmed s9
looking for info on what smart start for resmed s9. what is it's function??Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: smart start for resmed s9
Hi jimmy2708, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! If I'm not mistaken, the "Smart Start" function can either be turned off or on. It's function is that you can either have your machine start when you breath into it or if it's turned off, you will have to start your machine. Some people like that and others don't, it's each individual's preference. Hang in there and someone will be along shortly with more suggestions best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, Trish is correct.

From the ResMed S9 manual:

Quote:Note: If your clinician has enabled SmartStart your device will start automatically when you breathe into the mask and stop automatically when you remove the mask.

You may have to enable SmartStart from within the Clinician Menu. You can get directions on how to do that from the Clinician Manual... request a free manual via email by following the directions on this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
ok and thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2012, 04:30 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Yep, Trish is correct.

From the ResMed S9 manual:

Quote:Note: If your clinician has enabled SmartStart your device will start automatically when you breathe into the mask and stop automatically when you remove the mask.

You may have to enable SmartStart from within the Clinician Menu. You can get directions on how to do that from the Clinician Manual...

I'm interested in this as well. Unfortunately when I was using a borrowed S8, I didn't seem to be given the option of activating SmartStart, even in the clinician menu. Does it matter which mask I'm using? When all this waiting game is over, and I have an S9 AutoSet in my grubby little hands, that is one thing I'd like to make use of. But I have no idea if it doesn't care what mask I'm using or what (it's a ResMed Mirage Micro.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Smartstart may not work if you have a FFM. The anti asphyxia valve may not let enough air go down the hose to trigger the machine to start. It does sometimes work, but it's less reliable.

If you set the mask setting on the machine to FFM, some versions of the S9 firmware will lock out smartstart. I think more recent machines do not do this.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 15 1,859 20 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,350 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,349 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,228 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 519 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  airmini smart stop leads to many on/off events elliotg 4 553 10-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Diffrence between prisma smart vs 20a michelbeaini 2 1,919 10-10-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: domod

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.