Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

snorebgone
snorebgone
Anybody know whether devices like Snore
-B_Gone are an option?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: snorebgone
An option to waste money on? Sure.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The product is a DIY mouthpiece that may advance the jaw and maintain the airway in some people. I would say the device will prevent mouth breathing and reduce snoring related to that and might provide some mild relief of positional occlusion of the airway related to the jaw moving back. A professionally fitted device can reduce obstructive apnea has been shown in studies to reduce apnea, but not to th degree of CPAP. Its main advantage is for individuals that cannot or will not use CPAP, and the efficacy of a DIY device may not be comparable to a dentist fitted MAD (mandibular advancement device). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3899326/

It would not work for me, and I wouldn't recommend it as an alternative to CPAP to anyone with moderate to severe obstructive apnea. A major drawback is a lack of being able to measure it's success, other than a potential reduction of rib bruising from your wife poking you to stop snoring.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the info.  As usual, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.
Post Reply Post Reply
The advantage of CPAP is that instead of a big ugly plastic thing shoved into my mouth, the big ugly plastic thing sits on my face and what goes into my mouth is pressurized air. I know which I prefer.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.