Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

software problems windows 7 ultimate
software problems windows 7 ultimate
I was a member a few years ago and thanks to the board i down loaded the  sleepyhead software then fixed my mask leak
and was fine  till i got a new bigger computer

the old computer used window 7 vista

new one windows 7 ulitimate

successfully Downloaded the software on windows 7 ultimate and it will not run.

I have my old computer in the closet.

Had mask leak problems and felt real bad. Corrected mask feeling better  i still need to look at stats

I still have the software on  my old computer.

let me know how to fix 

thanks
jerry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: software problems windows 7 ultimate
First thing to try is the Sleepyhead Broken GL executable in the Programs x86 directory/Sleepyhead directory. Unless you are totally against all software progress in the Microsoft world, you might read the ZDnet "heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade". After upgrading your Win 7 computer will run faster due to the operating system refresh, and the update process leaves your old windows intact (assuming enough disk space) in case you need to backtrack.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This isn't exactly a solution for you, but I've been running SleepyHead on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit since I started CPAP about 5 weeks ago and it's never had a problem.

So, it should be possible to get it running on your system - are you using Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?  I believe the regular SleepyHead (not the latest beta in testing now) is 32-bit, so it should run on either version.

What error messages, if any, do you see when you try to run it? Have you tried running it as Administrator? It's possible you installed into folders that require Admin privileges to access.
Post Reply Post Reply
windows 10 really really sucks

i tried to run 
Sleepyhead Broken GL executable in the Programs x86 directory/Sleepyhead directory

as you mentioned but it did not work

worst case i just  unhook new machine and hook up old computer once a month and run 

thanks for ideas

will post any failures or success  
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2018, 10:36 AM)jerryo Wrote: windows 10 really really sucks

On that, we agree.  Not as bad as Win 8, but obnoxious enough to skip it except for touch-only devices, none of which I own that aren't Blackberry or Android.

Win7-64 remains a powerhouse and a daily driver for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

i tried to run as administrator or just user it  would not execute.

no error messages just won;t execute

tried to  run
Sleepyhead Broken GL executable in the Programs x86 directory

no luck either

i will keep trying

I will post any failures or success

I kind of think my windows 7 ultimate may have an issue. since i do get error message on log on

Since you are not having problems i  believe thats it 

thanks for your help you did really help

i will try  and  fix my operating system

Post Reply Post Reply
Two things I would check:
  1. Check the SHA1 checksum of the downloaded file against the value listed on the SleepyHead download screen. For Windows, this is : b6bcef3b28a88d80d474224861c8ab57e20bcf63
    If you don't have a Checksum utility: Free MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility Program
    (Note:  I have recently experienced this problem with a diagnostic software that I have downloaded updates without problems for years.  It would boot the computer but wouldn't recognize file types.  Only after running a checksum did I realize that I had a corrupted download.)

2. Look in your Event Viewer for any offending processes.
    To open the Event Viewer in Windows 7:
    Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events
    (Note: It may help to clear this log prior to starting SleepyHead.)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i will keep trying

I will post any failures or success

I kind of think my windows 7 ultimate may have an issue. since i do get error message on log on

Since you are not having problems i  believe thats it 

thanks for your help you did really help

i will try  and  fix my operating system

Are you saying Windows reports errors upon startup?  If so, what are they?  Could be something is wrong with some system files or the Registry.

Before you dive too deeply into Windows, why not try using Control Panel / Programs and Features to uninstall Sleepyhead, then download and reinstall it.  Might just do the trick for you, but if Windows itself is wobbling, you're likely to run into a bunch of other hassles.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2018, 12:14 PM)JimInPT Wrote: Are you saying Windows reports errors upon startup?  If so, what are they?  Could be something is wrong with some system files or the Registry.
The Event Viewer will list any problems during startup and also when you've unsuccessfully tried to start a program.  These can be missing or out-of-date .dlls or memory exceptions.

(08-28-2018, 12:14 PM)JimInPT Wrote: Before you dive too deeply into Windows, why not try using Control Panel / Programs and Features to uninstall Sleepyhead, then download and reinstall it. 
If the user has a corrupt download, you can't uninstall and reinstall enough times to make it work.  Also, Windows 7 is a lot more forgiving than Windows 10.  That is why I was recommending looking at the two items before going any further.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
error message displayed 

Catalyst control center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphic adapter.
please update your amd adapter using the displays manager.

tried uninstalling sleepyhead and reinstalling no luck

found event manager in control panel/admin tools.

i will  clear event manager and reinstall sleepyhead and see if i get any error messages.

I bought computer used and it came with  install disk. installed fine runs everything else fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 640 Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,421 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 439 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 315 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,011 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.