Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Driver won't install for new CMS50F oximeter
Driver won't install for new CMS50F oximeter
I found this tutorial: https://www.freedomfeens.com/blog/?p=6802

It gave this link to download the driver for the CMS50F oximeter : https://www.silabs.com/products/developm...cp-drivers

I downloaded the one for Win 7. Unzipped the file, and chose the x86 installer first, which kindly informed me that I needed to use the x64 installer. The x64 installer said it could not find any drivers designed for my machine.

So is this info out of date, or what? Sleepyhead doesn't find the device on its own when I run the oximetry wizard.

This morning I'm so brain-fogged everything is a mystery. Probably oxygen deprivation. It would be nice to see last night's data.

Thanks in advance, software geeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Driver won't install for new CMS50F oximeter
My stupor is lifting, and I managed to find something called the "Installer", which amazingly, installed the driver! (I had been clicking on an .exe file).

Then the data importer worked, of all things! But it wanted to import my second session of the night (it gave me a start time of 6-something, but it was actually earlier. So I changed the time to 23:03:01 and hit Dec. 21st, but it imported to the 22nd.

So I went back and re-imported using the other checkbox, and it imported to Dec. 21st! Golly.

The only glitch: it thinks I ended at 9:35 am, but it was really 7:50. My night is always split into multiple sessions. Not sure how to align things correctly.

But hey! I have data. 271 SpO2 drops. Kind of what I expected, same as my pre-CPAP pulse oximetry from August.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Driver won't install for new CMS50F oximeter
(12-22-2018, 03:55 PM)picante Wrote: My stupor is lifting, and I managed to find something called the "Installer", which amazingly, installed the driver! (I had been clicking on an .exe file).

Then the data importer worked, of all things! But it wanted to import my second session of the night (it gave me a start time of 6-something, but it was actually earlier. So I changed the time to 23:03:01 and hit Dec. 21st, but it imported to the 22nd.

So I went back and re-imported using the other checkbox, and it imported to Dec. 21st! Golly.

The only glitch: it thinks I ended at 9:35 am, but it was really 7:50. My night is always split into multiple sessions. Not sure how to align things correctly.

But hey! I have data. 271 SpO2 drops. Kind of what I expected, same as my pre-CPAP pulse oximetry from August.

For anyone else having difficulty loading the driver - copy the downloaded zip file to a "new" folder and "extract-all" before you try to install.  Once extracted, THEN double-click on the file that looks like your Windows OS.    Also - select the "old" version of the CM50 if it doesn't recognize the oximeter.  Just my own finding during a frustrated install in WIN10. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,535 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 179 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 1,013 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 207 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 287 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,555 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,582 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.