Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Condensation
Condensation
Is it normal to have some condensation in mask??? Or should it stay dry. Lately i been having some codensation in my mask no matter whether i use my full or nasal. Hose is always dry.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Condensation
If the surrounding air is colder than the air in the hose, you get condensation. You can fix it by adding a cozy to your hose. You can either buy something readymade or buy some polar fleece and make your own. 2 yards of fabric should make a complete hoses without any sewing. Use the leftover to handsew a squishy pillow. You can use cheapo velcro to tie the ends on the hose ends to keep it on or black elastic hand sewed on. Don't make it too tight - you are just trying to keep the hose on. You don't want it to crack. I bought some cute kitty paws in red for mine.

To see some examples, just do a google search for CPAP hose snuggle or cozy and add the word IMAGE to your search.

New machines resolve this problem with heated hoses.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Condensation
(06-15-2015, 03:38 PM)Tommy012175 Wrote: Is it normal to have some condensation in mask??? Or should it stay dry. Lately i been having some codensation in my mask no matter whether i use my full or nasal. Hose is always dry.

If you are truly getting condensation in the mask and none at all in the hose, it is probably condensing from your exhaled air. In this case a hose cozy might help some by keeping the air coming from the CPAP warmer and possibly heating the mask a little more. Turning the humidity down from your humidifier might also help some if it does not cause other problems for you. Rigging a mask cozy would help but you would need to be very careful to ensure that it would never obstruct the mask vent. Covering your head with the bed covers could do the same thing. Big Grin Some folks like to sleep that way and with the CPAP you can still be breathing air from the room.

The best solution may be the heated hose option, if it is available for your machine (I do not remember what machine you have). By heating the air going into the mask you can heat the inner surfaces of the mask some and reduce or eliminate the condensation.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to prevent condensation in the tubing? TiredTom111 5 706 06-24-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  All of a sudden rainout after years of use and now Condensation in Mask & Elbow only. HMG7450 17 2,445 05-09-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Condensation kschlanker 3 549 04-28-2023, 02:21 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Condensation after adding a support Ghandi 4 529 04-08-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Ghandi
  Condensation in nasal mask only...help! lethargic22 5 2,341 03-10-2022, 10:09 AM
Last Post: lethargic22
  dreamstation to airsense 11, no condensation to a flood plaidwandering 4 1,377 12-25-2021, 08:12 AM
Last Post: plaidwandering
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP: Struggling with humidity and condensation Punkrulz 2 1,235 12-15-2021, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Punkrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.