Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sourcing batteries for Transcend, preferably generic
RE: sourcing batteries for Transcend, preferably generic
bunter.

I screwed up.Dont-know
I apologize for my mistake.

-I thought that you are in the USA and you are not. I mix up because normally in our forums there are people of the US, a few Canadian and that's it. In this forum there are a lot of Australian. You among them.
-About the use of power tool batteries, I like the idea, but I use DeWalt batteries in my portable tools and the good ones are $90-$100 USD /each.
-I like the idea of a solar charger too.
Enjoy your vacation.Sleep-well
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2016, 05:10 PM)pl99 Wrote: ...................Onto camping — I successfully powered my Respironics for 4 nights using the Intocircuit 32,000mAh power bank, no humidifier, no heated tube, etc. Overnight lows were in the 40sF (maybe 5C). I kept my CPAP and power bank in the car truck as much as possible. It was moist, but luckily didn't rain when the machine was in my tent at night. I was averaging about 7-8 hrs per night sleep. My pressure readings with Respironics are comparable to those I reported earlier with Transcend. According to my Kill-a-Watt meter, my Respironics peaks at around 15W except when I have the mask off (i.e. air blowing freely) which then registers a 33W reading. Doing the latter tripped my power bank completely, so it’s probably best practice to put your mask on before turning on the CPAP. But, it was easy enough to turn the power bank back on even after tripping it.

Yesterday I bought the 12,000 LiPo battery mAmp, multipurpose, 12, 16 and 19 volts output. For Dreamstation

I checked my Respirocnics PRS1 consumption to 8 cm H2O, 0.450 mA to 5 w, with these bateri I have two nights.

Enough for transoceanic air travel, there PHX to LHR night 14-hour trip

[Image: 201607081010358203.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
I did finally test my power bank with the Transcend, and it does power up at 16V. I haven't gone camping again since my last message. But I have been using my power bank on my laptop 4-5x a week for a few weeks now (close to full drain each time) with no noticeable performance degradation yet. Intocircuit's product description claims 500 cycles, though a quick web search on Lithium-Polymer batteries suggests 300-400 might be more realistic. There's a lot of info online about caring for LiPo batteries. There're not supposed to have much "memory effect", but you're not supposed to store them at full charge for more than a week.

I'm not a battery expert, and will post again if I experience any premature degradation!
Post Reply Post Reply
Any new thoughts and results with battery's? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to some of the posts on this page I solved the off-grid problem for my CPAP:
I first purchased the P8 battery pack that died after a little more than one year and 3-4 uses. It is total crap and has an exorbitant unjustified price only to explain with intention of making maximum profit from healthcare products purchased from people with a medical need.
The final solution is the following: I use XT-POWER powerbanks 20400 mAh (XT-20000QC2 Powerbank) or above at 16.5V to run the CPAP. The PB brings suitable adapters to plug in the CPAP. 20400 mAh PB is 1/3 of the price of the P8 and has ~75 Wh (nominated). It is therefore suitable to carry on an airplane (you can carry 2 of them). The big PB (MP-32000 DC/USB PB) with 32000mAh works fine also but is too big for taking it to airplane without a special permission. Those PBs charge quite quick using the SUNKINGDOM 60W 18V Solar panel which is foldable and not too big. Both devices PBs and Solar panel can be used for multiple other purposes at home. I hope this helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 98 1 hour ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,677 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 961 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Resmed Airmini vs Transcend Micro? ShipwreckSiren 0 943 11-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: ShipwreckSiren
  Anyone using a wifi dongle with Transcend 3? nathanoj 0 350 06-13-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: nathanoj
  [Equipment] Somnetics Transcend 365 Clinical Menu? flipflop49 18 2,605 01-25-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.