Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sourcing batteries for Transcend, preferably generic
bunter.

I screwed up.Dont-know
I apologize for my mistake.

-I thought that you are in the USA and you are not. I mix up because normally in our forums there are people of the US, a few Canadian and that's it. In this forum there are a lot of Australian. You among them.
-About the use of power tool batteries, I like the idea, but I use DeWalt batteries in my portable tools and the good ones are $90-$100 USD /each.
-I like the idea of a solar charger too.
Enjoy your vacation.Sleep-well
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2016, 05:10 PM)pl99 Wrote: ...................Onto camping — I successfully powered my Respironics for 4 nights using the Intocircuit 32,000mAh power bank, no humidifier, no heated tube, etc. Overnight lows were in the 40sF (maybe 5C). I kept my CPAP and power bank in the car truck as much as possible. It was moist, but luckily didn't rain when the machine was in my tent at night. I was averaging about 7-8 hrs per night sleep. My pressure readings with Respironics are comparable to those I reported earlier with Transcend. According to my Kill-a-Watt meter, my Respironics peaks at around 15W except when I have the mask off (i.e. air blowing freely) which then registers a 33W reading. Doing the latter tripped my power bank completely, so it’s probably best practice to put your mask on before turning on the CPAP. But, it was easy enough to turn the power bank back on even after tripping it.

Yesterday I bought the 12,000 LiPo battery mAmp, multipurpose, 12, 16 and 19 volts output. For Dreamstation

I checked my Respirocnics PRS1 consumption to 8 cm H2O, 0.450 mA to 5 w, with these bateri I have two nights.

Enough for transoceanic air travel, there PHX to LHR night 14-hour trip

[Image: 201607081010358203.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
I did finally test my power bank with the Transcend, and it does power up at 16V. I haven't gone camping again since my last message. But I have been using my power bank on my laptop 4-5x a week for a few weeks now (close to full drain each time) with no noticeable performance degradation yet. Intocircuit's product description claims 500 cycles, though a quick web search on Lithium-Polymer batteries suggests 300-400 might be more realistic. There's a lot of info online about caring for LiPo batteries. There're not supposed to have much "memory effect", but you're not supposed to store them at full charge for more than a week.

I'm not a battery expert, and will post again if I experience any premature degradation!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would 2 12V batteries in series avoid need for Resmed''s (A10) converter 2SleepBetta 1 108 03-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Transcend pressure adjustment omeletman 5 217 02-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Last Post: omeletman
  Questions for anyone who has tried Transcend Mini Auto CPAP rdavis 3 486 11-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Somnetics Transcend Clinician Setup Manual lighiche 4 1,043 03-31-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX IBEW292 17 5,033 03-30-2016, 08:04 PM
Last Post: LowSpark
  Transcend & Z1 eval offers DanPrado 1 499 02-06-2016, 07:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Transcend Multi-night battery Singsop 1 739 12-30-2015, 09:44 PM
Last Post: foss