Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
(06-08-2020, 08:39 AM)todivefor Wrote: . . . my password never gets set to ******s because it has never been accessed.

Mine is set to asterisks as soon as I save and exit its editing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if the FlashAir software is still on the card?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bingo! If the Dreamstation formatted a 64 GB card back to 32 GB, it probably wiped the FlashAir software or left it unaccessable. But I don't know where to check for it...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if FlashPap takes care of the software or not, but Toshiba has software on their support site for the W-03 and W-04 versions of FlashAir.  Might be worth looking into.

https://jp.toshiba-memory.com/ww/support/
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After you formatted the card, unmounted and removed it, does the SD_WLAN directory reappear upon reinserting and mounting the card in your Mac?

Normally upon reinsertion, the FlashAir O/S during power up will look for this directory and will create it if it is missing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been reading the progress here with great interest.  I have the FlashAir, W-04, Type 3, 64GB card too and a 2018 MackBook Pro.  Been running the FlashAir in APPMODE=4 for about a year on a 64GB partition in conjunction with the successful use of FlashPAP to transfer data.  My FlashAir APPSSID=ResMed.  So I would change to that network, run FlashPAP and then change back to my normal network.  Works fine but with one exception.  My iOS devices all like to constantly jump on the ResMed band wagon and I have to constantly switch them back to my normal network.  A constant and big PIA with no simple solution.

So APPMODE=5 was a big attraction to me.  And so I finally pulled the card and started fiddling with it again.

I successfully partitioned the 64GB card into two 32's.  Formatted them both as MS-DOS (FAT).  And then ran the FlashAir FW Updater.  Tried several times with version 40004 and 40003.  Both are unsuccessful after the third eject/insert cycle and report back with:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23668]

Now I seem to recall that this was a big hurdle last year too.  But I can't remember what I did to eventually overcome it.  I know I had it set up as one 64GB partition.  And I believe I formatted it in my Nikon camera, not the MBP.  I haven't tried it today.  Just kind of ran out of steam for now and spent way too many hours on it today.

I was hoping to find the ultimate solution to our little dilemma of the illusive combination of (FlashAir + 64GB + APPMODE=5 + MacBook Pro + ResMed = Working) and ultimately be able to post a clean, successful and repeatable solution in step-by-step procedure.

Oh well.  I struck out again today with this one.

BTW...  I have always edited my FlashAir's Config file in Apple's TextEdit with 100% success, aside all the other failures.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same card as above. I partitioned into 2 32 GB MS-DOS FAT and reinitialized. No love. I have it back to 64GB and reinitialized. It doesn't work either. Seems like it is the same. I'll look at it again tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2020, 09:17 PM)todivefor Wrote: I have the same card as above. I partitioned into 2 32 GB MS-DOS FAT and reinitialized. No love. I have it back to 64GB and reinitialized. It doesn't work either. Seems like it is the same. I'll look at it again tomorrow.

Never do today what can be put off to do tomorrow.

I think I'll reformat my 64 GB card tomorrow with my Nikon camera and see if that was the key to making this thing work a year ago.  Will report back tomorrow after a good night tossing and turning, not sleeping, and thinking about it too much.

Rolling laugh

BTW, I've tried two different card readers - Uni and IO Gear.  No difference.  No good.
Where's Dave with his ginormous bag of popcorn Eat-popcorn  and cup of coffee?  Coffee
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2020, 10:22 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: I wonder if the FlashAir software is still on the card?

I wondered this myself. I have found there is not any user accessible software on the card, only 2 directories DCIM and SD_WLAN (with CONFIG). I believe software is on ROM on card. See my explanation below.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are the steps I have gone through many times to no avail. Very frustrated.

Toshiba FlashAir Procedure

1. Partition 64GB W-04 FlashAir
Partition 1 SD DISK MS-DOS(FAT32)
Partition 2 SD DISK1 ExFat

2. FlashAirTools to initialize
Does not recognize SD DISK – but puts DCIM and SD_WLAN folders on card
I copy original CONFIG to SD_WLAN, then it recognizes
Cannot configure FlashAir drive, looking for connection. I then connect flasshair_macaddr and try again. It now configures.
http://flashair – Get blue FlashAir with START button. Pressing START flashes screen and does nothing.

CONFIG

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=4
APPNETWORKKEY=********
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.03
CID=02544d535736344755f472cf7b012601
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=flashair
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
TIMEZONE=-16

3. Put card in DreamStation
Gets reformatted to 64GB MS-DOS(FAT 32) with P-SERIES
Copy P-SERIES to Macbook

4. FlashAirTools doesn’t recognize
Copy CONFIG to SD_WLAN, then it recognizes

CONFIG

[Vendor]

APPMODE=4
APPNETWORKKEY=********
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.03
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA

5. Connect flashair_macaddr network

CONFIG

[Vendor]

APPMODE=4
APPNETWORKKEY=********
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.03
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=flashair
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
TIMEZONE=-16

6. CONFIG changed for FlashPap

CONFIG

[Vendor]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.150
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=dreamstation
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNETWORKKEY=******PW******
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=PittsburghNet
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0

Tried FlashPAP with config above. Can't find card. I get the closest to success when I attach to the flashair_ec21... My APPNETWORKKEY password never gets reset to ********. I am stumped.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 188 26,207 04-15-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: nohack007
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 423 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 184 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 756 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,876 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 666 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 739 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.