Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
(06-11-2020, 03:04 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: @todivefor,  The attachment in your last post shows the wifi settings for your Mac (computer), and you manually assigned the IP address of 192.168.1.220 to your computer.  That's the same IP address you are trying use for your FlashAir card.  It won't work, you can't have two devices with the same IP address.

Set your Mac (computer) back to using DHCP in that screen, then restart it.  Then you should be able to use 192.168.1.220 for the FlashAir card.

Hopefully, you are onto something, and I am misunderstanding what I am doing. I have my Macbook connected with an ethernet cable and manually assign IP 192.168.1.208. I have my WIFI connected to network flashair_macaddr and I thought I had it assigned to a manual IP of 192.168.1.220. What am I missing?

Attachments
Post Reply Post Reply
todivefor - you can test this very easily by entering the FlashAir's IP (192.168.1.220) in your favorite browser's URL box. You should get a web page displaying the directory of the FlashAir.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 04:38 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: todivefor - you can test this very easily by entering the FlashAir's IP (192.168.1.220) in your favorite browser's URL box.  You should get a web page displaying the directory of the FlashAir.

I tried that, no good. Either my card is defective or I am missing something obvious, like I don't know how to configure my WIFI IP?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since this thread is so long, I'm probably asking this again. Do you have a 2.4 GHz network? Is it set to a 20 MHz channel width? FlashAir's only work with these parameters.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 04:29 PM)todivefor Wrote: Hopefully, you are onto something, and I am misunderstanding what I am doing. I have my Macbook connected with an ethernet cable and manually assign IP 192.168.1.208. I have my WIFI connected to network flashair_macaddr and I thought I had it assigned to a manual IP of 192.168.1.220. What am I missing?

Attachments

Your computer has 2 network adapters.  Ethernet and WiFi.  You have your Ethernet assigned to 192.168.1.208, and your WiFi adapter assigned 192.168.1.220 so you cannot use either of those address' in the FlashAir card config file.  FlashAir needs its own static IP so change the config file to 192.168.1. 225 and leave your ethernet and wifi adapter settings alone for now.

To the best of my knowledge the "APPMODE=5" setting in the config file is supposed to put the FlashAir into a client mode which means it shouldn't be broadcasting an SSID, so you probably shouldn't see "flashair_####" being broadcast in your available wifi networks.

Do you normally assign static IP's on your network?  Or are you doing it trying to get FlashAir to work?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 05:26 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Since this thread is so long, I'm probably asking this again.  Do you have a 2.4 GHz network?  Is it set to a 20 MHz channel width?  FlashAir's only work with these parameters.

I do have 2.4 GHz network. I can not find any channel width settings. Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR Rev I router if anyone has same.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I am now thinking out of the box.... Delete the CFG directory

Allow the Resmed to format the card how it wants then remove and reinsert.

with no config the flashair card should come up as an Access Point in its own right

Search for a wireless network with an SSID of flashair_XXXXXX join that network from the wifi of your MAC the password should be 12345678

Once connected to the wifi go to http://flashair this should show the light blue page with the start button.

If the first step works next put the following URL's in order in your web browser

Set Security/Master Code
http://flashair/config.cgi?MASTERCODE=0123456789AB

You should get a browser output of Success

Setup Home Network - Replace YOURSSID with your network Name and YOURWEPKEY with the wifi password

http://flashair/config.cgi?MASTERCODE=0123456789AB&APPSSID=YOURSSID&APPNETWORKKEY=YOURWEPKEY&APPMODE=5&WEBDAV=2&UPLOAD=1

You should get a browser output of Success

The wifi card will then restart and attempt to connect to your wifi via DHCP

Reboot your mac then try and connect to http://flashair and it should connect we will need to track down the ip address afterwards but try this first
Post Reply Post Reply
Your WiFi needs to support WEP, or AES (WPA or WPA2). WPA2 being the most common. 802.11b/g/n any one of those. Flashair only supports 2.4ghz and only uses wifi channels 1 through 11. If your Wifi router is currently set to a channel higher than 11, set it to use a lower channel.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 08:47 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 04:29 PM)todivefor Wrote: Hopefully, you are onto something, and I am misunderstanding what I am doing. I have my Macbook connected with an ethernet cable and manually assign IP 192.168.1.208. I have my WIFI connected to network flashair_macaddr and I thought I had it assigned to a manual IP of 192.168.1.220. What am I missing?

Attachments

Your computer has 2 network adapters.  Ethernet and WiFi.  You have your Ethernet assigned to 192.168.1.208, and your WiFi adapter assigned 192.168.1.220 so you cannot use either of those address' in the FlashAir card config file.  FlashAir needs its own static IP so change the config file to 192.168.1. 225 and leave your ethernet and wifi adapter settings alone for now.

To the best of my knowledge the "APPMODE=5" setting in the config file is supposed to put the FlashAir into a client mode which means it shouldn't be broadcasting an SSID, so you probably shouldn't see "flashair_####" being broadcast in your available wifi networks.

Do you normally assign static IP's on your network?  Or are you doing it trying to get FlashAir to work?
Thank you for your explanations. I think I am beginning to understand this. When I first put my card in, it came up with a gateway of 192.168.0.1 and an IP address of 192.168.0.11. Using my browser set to 192.168.0.1, I could get to the flashair screen. Therefore, I thought I was on the right track and proceeded along those lines. Then you put me on another tack with the card and computer needing to be on the same subnet. I then thought I had to assign my WIFI adapter to the card IP I assigned by MacAddr. Your last post made it clear to me. I do not connect to the card's IP, but the card connects to my network with the given static IP (light bulb goes off). Unfortunately, this does not get me any closer to working. Currently, I have ethernet assigned to 192.168.1.208 (my Mackbook) and 192.168.1.220 to WIFI, and my flashair card assigned to 192.168.1.221 in my CONFIG file. No where do I see the flashair card being associated with this IP.

Some notes: When I first insert my flashair card, it's SSID flashair_macaddr is broadcast for some small period of time, like about 5 mins. I have APPAUTOTIME=300000 set in CONFIG by way of flashairtool.

I use both static and dynamic IPs in my system.

EDIT: I just tried with dynamic IP, no difference. For whatever reason, I don't think my card ever connects to my network.
Post Reply Post Reply
@todivefor & @jaswilliams, here is a link to a blog post that explains some of the settings in the config file.  Might help figure things out....
https://www.allaboutjake.com/toshiba-fla...d-sd-card/
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 56 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,902 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,244 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 609 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 643 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Language setup magborges 5 1,210 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.