Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
RE: [split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
Now that your DS has formatted it, have copied the SD_WLAN directory back to the card?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 12:49 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Now that your DS has formatted it, have copied the SD_WLAN directory back to the card?

Yes. I restored my SD CARD back to when I received it (ExFAT). Copied my CONFG file to SD_WLAN as above. It connects to my network, password is changed to ******s, and I can access http://192.168.1.220. I save off SD_WLAN. I put into my DS and it gets formatted (FAT32) and P-SERIES is added. I copy SD_WLAN back with PW back to network PW. flashair_nnnnnn is listed in networks, never connects to my network, PW in CONFG still visible. I cannot access with flashairtool. Something about FAT32 it does not like.
Post Reply Post Reply
You update the password only if you are editing the CONFIG file. Copying the SD_WLAN directory and the CONFIG file back to your SD card doesn't require editing this file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Started from scratch. Changed config, all good. Copied SD_WLAN. Formatted in DS. Copied SD_WLAN back to card. Won't connect. Shows flashair_nnnnnn as an available network. I'm fried!
Post Reply Post Reply
Don’t reformat the SD card when it goes back in your pc mac just copy the sd wan folder a cross assuming your computer recognises the SD cardwithout formatting
Post Reply Post Reply
Am I correct in understanding that you have imaged your card and when you restore the image everything works?

You might try formatting the card as FAT32 in Windows instead of letting the DS do it. See https://www.intowindows.com/3-ways-to-fo...indows-10/ for directions on how to format a 64GB card as FAT32 from the Windows command line. See if you can get it working right without installing it in the DS at all. If all is working well, put it in the DS and see what happens.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 05:28 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Don’t reformat the SD card when it goes back in your pc mac just copy the sd wan folder a cross assuming your computer recognises the SD cardwithout formatting

I don't format in my computer. DS does all formatting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 06:42 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Am I correct in understanding that you have imaged your card and when you restore the image everything works?

You might try formatting the card as FAT32 in Windows instead of letting the DS do it.  See https://www.intowindows.com/3-ways-to-fo...indows-10/ for directions on how to format a 64GB card as FAT32 from the Windows command line.  See if you can get it working right without installing it in the DS at all.  If all is working well, put it in the DS and see what happens.

I am not sure what you are getting at. If I restore my SD CARD image, I have the card in the original state, 64GB ExFat. I put my config into SD_WLAN and everything works fine. DS formats card FAT32. I copy SD_WLAN to this and no worky. Not sure how formatting with windows or whatever will make any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 09:05 PM)todivefor Wrote: I am not sure what you are getting at. If I restore my SD CARD image, I have the card in the original state, 64GB ExFat. I put my config into SD_WLAN and everything works fine. DS formats card FAT32. I copy SD_WLAN to this and no worky. Not sure how formatting with windows or whatever will make any difference.

I don't know that it will make any difference.  But if the DS actually removes and recreates the partition, that might produce different results than formatting a partition in place.  Does DS do that?  I have no idea.  This is just one of the few things I can think of to try that you haven't tried already.

Are there any hidden files or hidden partitions on the working SD card?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 09:56 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 09:05 PM)todivefor Wrote: I am not sure what you are getting at. If I restore my SD CARD image, I have the card in the original state, 64GB ExFat. I put my config into SD_WLAN and everything works fine. DS formats card FAT32. I copy SD_WLAN to this and no worky. Not sure how formatting with windows or whatever will make any difference.

I don't know that it will make any difference.  But if the DS actually removes and recreates the partition, that might produce different results than formatting a partition in place.  Does DS do that?  I have no idea.  This is just one of the few things I can think of to try that you haven't tried already.

Are there any hidden files or hidden partitions on the working SD card?

Thank you. I appreciate any and all help. I'll try it for lack of anything else to try, but I think that FAT32 is causing the problem. No hidden partitions, SD_WLAN | CONFIG is of course hidden. I am guessing all code is in a PROM area.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,706 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 663 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,127 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 607 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 638 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Language setup magborges 5 1,206 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.