Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
I have a 32GB FlashAir card.  Here is my CONFIG file for use with FlashPap:

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNETWORKKEY=*****************
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.01
CID=02544d535733324755e2d7ca7a011c01
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPNAME=flashair

MASTERCODE=0123456789AB
LOCK=1
APPSSID=BlueDragon
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.20.77
SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0

UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
TIMEZONE=-28
WebDAV=1

Note especially the APPMODE=5.  APPSSID is the name of your network.  My IP address is outside of my DHCP range.  Of course, you must set APPNETWORKKEY to your network password any time you update the CONFIG file.

The "expired" message is related to DHCP.  If you IP address is now outside the DHCP range, that message should not have any significance.  You can always reboot your router if you suspect it is confused.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
After rebooting your router, try pinging the ip address of the FlashAir card to see if it is reachable.

Open Terminal and type the following:
Code:
ping -c5 192.168.1.220

You can also try this in Terminal to see if it lists the FlashAir card on your network:
Code:
arp -a
It should give you a list of currently used active IP addresses on your network.

Which editor did you use to modify the config file?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
GuyScharf my config looks about the same as yours with some of values different. I changed APPMODE=4 to 5 which Crimson Nape had asked me change before. I added NOISE_CANCEL=0 and WebDAV=1. These produced no change.

Jeff8356, I am using Smultron editor on my Macbook Pro, 10.15.4. I am unable to ping my address 192.168.1.220. I did get something interesting from arp -a:  ? (192.168.1.220) at (incomplete) on en0 ifscope [ethernet]. I have my mac addr set as ec:21:e5:36:7a:e8 from back of SD CARD.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thought; Each time you edit the CONFIG file, the "APPNETWORKKEY=" will display asterisks (****). You must re-enter your password each time you edit this file or your password will be the asterisks.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed my editor to end lines with CRLF. Still no good.

(06-08-2020, 06:03 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Another thought; Each time you edit the CONFIG file, the "APPNETWORKKEY=" will display asterisks (****).  You must re-enter your password each time you edit this file or your password will be the asterisks.

My password has never changed to *******, still displayable PW.
Post Reply Post Reply
How far away are you from your access point?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
About 4 feet when it's in my computer, where it is now.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, does your Access point have a bandwidth selector (20 and/or 40 MHz) option?  The FlashAir needs the 20 MHz bandwidth.  Other than a FlashAir, most 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi devices use the 40 MHz bandwidth for a higher throughput.

Update:
It bothered me that your password was not being encrypted. I went back and looked at my FlashAir using both Windows7 and Linux. Both had the password encrypted. This non-encryption has me "concerned" (for lack of a better word this morning).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I do not see bandwidth (20 / 40) selector in any of my menus for router. I'm thinking that my password never gets set to ******s because it has never been accessed.

The mac addr being marked incomplete seems significant to me, but I must admit I don't know what that means. Something about arp sending something to IP, but not getting a mac addr response? After a time it is removed from the arp table. This is exactly what I am seeing. arp -a shows my 192.168.1.220 IP with imcomplete, then a little later it is gone.
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason your network is not recognizing the mac address of the card.  
Is there a setting in your router to "Only allow certain Mac addresses" or "certain computers" or something similar?

I'm not familiar with the editor you mentioned, I use BBedit (formerly TextWrangler).  Any chance it left some unintended whitespace behind in the config file?  Or "autocorrected" something it shouldn't have?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,886 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 664 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,238 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 608 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 641 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Language setup magborges 5 1,208 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.