Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
I've never had to deal with this problem myself, but found one reference to unbricking a FlashAir card.  This was a W-02 card so may require modifications.

Code:
Formatting:
- make a backup copy of the files from the card, in particular:
     - DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
     - SD_WLAN/*
     - GUPIXINF/*/*
- format card (from camera or from any other device)
- put the files you just backed up, back on the card (to restore wifi functionality)

"Unbricking" the card - if you have formatted it by mistake without a backup
- download Toshiba FlashAir utility from here
- install it (installation works under Wine, the utility doesn't)
- find the files you should have copied before formatting, here: c:/Program Files (x86)/TOSHIBA/FlashAirTool/default/W-02
- these files appear to work with W-03 as well; just copy them to the card, then reconfigure it

From "Magic Lantern Forum."  Google search for:

Code:
flashair sd "brick"

to find this as first result.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice that you have a TIMEZONE parameter. This is the first time I am seeing this. If the default is two partitions, how large is partition 1 (MS-DOS)?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2020, 12:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I notice that you have a TIMEZONE parameter.   This is the first time I am seeing this.   If the default is two partitions, how large is partition 1 (MS-DOS)?

I think the Toshiba init program put the TIMEZONE param in.

The card is no longer partitioned. Dream Station repartioned from 2 32GB partitions to 1 64GB (MS-DOS FAT 32)
Post Reply Post Reply
I was not able to map the card as a network drive on Windows.  I just put the IP address in FlashPap; mapping is not required.  Or you can use ftp to the IP address.

See Crimson Nape's comment at http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid190683.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2020, 05:52 PM)RayBee Wrote: Been fiddling around today for many hours trying different combinations of things with this 64GB FlashAir card.  I think I have made some notable progress as well as other notable things that I believe don't work.  And should probably be avoided in future attempts.  Lastly, I hope this information will help others who are trying to get a 64GB card to work on their Apple system.  Hopefully to complete success in the near future.

First, the flops.
Every time I partition the 64GB card into two 32's, the ResMed machine immediately reformats it into one 64GB partition and reformats it to MS-DOS (FAT32).  So, partitioning to two 32's seems to be out.

I used Disk Utility to format two 32GB and/or one 64GB partition(s) (all combinations thereof) as MS-DOS (FAT) / ExFAT, Master Boot Record / GUID Partition Map.  In every combination, I used FlashAirFWUpdateToolV4_v40004_K which results in three eject/remove/insert cycles ending in a message saying I don't have a Flashair card installed.  The Config file is there as it should be, but the password never changes to "********" after the card is ejected/removed/inserted.  So I have come to the conclusion that whatever the "Updater" utility is supposed to do (update software), it isn't successful.

Per the flop above, I believe the only formatting method that is viable is to use the ResMed (or other xPAP machine) to do the initial formatting.  I believe a year ago, I also had success formatting the card with my Nikon camera.

Second, the positive progress.
  1. Initial formatting with my ResMed ASV. (good)
  2. Run FlashAirFWUpdateToolV4_v40004_K utility. (Goes through 2 of the 3 cycles. 1st one "Preparing..." is quick. 2nd one, "Installing..." appears to hang, non-responsive, then continues, (several times) then after 13 minutes or so, it completes the progress bar, but definitely hangs. I then have to force quit the process. This appears to be enough to make the card work properly.) (presumably good enough)
  3. Copy and paste new Config parameters using Text Edit. (This switches to APPMODE=5, amongst adding many other parameters - see my Config data below. Interesting note, I discovered that the default Config file has several lines and numerous space characters at the end of the file. Don't know why, but I decided to leave that area alone in case there was some purpose to it being there. Several times I would edit the Config file by only changing the "**************" password string back to my actual password, eject, remove/insert, and the password was encrypted back to "**************".  That told me that the card did have its "software" installed correctly and it was likely actually reading the Config file.) (assumed to be working to some extent)
Next hurdle.
I believe the next step would be to go into my Airport utility and map the card as a network drive.  But the new "NO NAME" drive does not appear with my other network drives.  I believe the parameters from the AirPort Extreme are plugged into the Config file correctly.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23734]

I pinged the IP address, but I don't know how to interpret the information that is returned.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23733]

Config Data
[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNETWORKKEY=egb2048rjb4096
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.04
CID=02544d535736344755f330e37a012101
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPNAME=flashair

LOCK=1
APPSSID=AppleNetwork8a3ca7
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.20.77
SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0
Default_Gateway=216.93.227.65
Preferred_DNS_Server=66.60.130.2
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0

Next Step.
Relax and forget about it for a little while.  At least I have things ironed out that appear to be repeatable to the point of what is outlined above.  Any ideas - am I on the right track?  Just another small tweak and I've got it?

General Info.
2018 MacBook Pro - Mojave - 10.14.6
Editor used - Apple's Text Edit.
Card - FlashAir W-04, 64GB, Type 3
Update tool - Version 40004 (or 4.04 depending on where you look)

I have the same setup as you except my Macbook Pro is mid 2012 with 10.15.4, same card, different router. I basically got the same results as you. I can never get the firmware to update, started with 4.00.03 and end up with the same after trying to update to 4.00.04. My main network is based off 192.168.1.1. My FlashAir connects to 192.168.0.1. When I run through flashairtool setup and flashair drive settings, I get a ~/documents/flashair folder, but nothing there. My CONFIG file is basically the same as yours, with some changes specific to my environment. When I us default CONFIG with flashair as APPSSID my 12345678 PW gets replaced with ********. When using my network  as APPSSID, the PW is never replaced with *s. The closest I have come to something working is when I go to http://192.168.0.1, I get a blue flashair screen with a START button.

I am at a loss, with too much time spent on this. Either I have a faulty card or something very much awry with my setup. I'm thinking I am going to have to stay with removing my card from DreamStation, and copying.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 12:33 PM)todivefor Wrote: I have the same setup as you except my Macbook Pro is mid 2012 with 10.15.4, same card, different router. I basically got the same results as you. I can never get the firmware to update, started with 4.00.03 and end up with the same after trying to update to 4.00.04. My main network is based off 192.168.1.1. My FlashAir connects to 192.168.0.1.

Assuming your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, your router, computer, and FlashAir card all need to be on the same subnet.  192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 are in different subnets.  If your router is 192.168.1.1, then your computer is probably 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is in your DHCP range.  If that is not the case, tell us what your computer's IP address is and ignore the rest of this for now.

Pick a number not in your DHCP range and use that for the FlashAir card.  For example, if your DHCP range is 100-255, pick a number between 2 and 99 for your FlashAir card, such as 192.168.1.90 (if that is not used by anything else).
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 12:55 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 12:33 PM)todivefor Wrote: I have the same setup as you except my Macbook Pro is mid 2012 with 10.15.4, same card, different router. I basically got the same results as you. I can never get the firmware to update, started with 4.00.03 and end up with the same after trying to update to 4.00.04. My main network is based off 192.168.1.1. My FlashAir connects to 192.168.0.1.

Assuming your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, your router, computer, and FlashAir card all need to be on the same subnet.  192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 are in different subnets.  If your router is 192.168.1.1, then your computer is probably 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is in your DHCP range.  If that is not the case, tell us what your computer's IP address is and ignore the rest of this for now.

Pick a number not in your DHCP range and use that for the FlashAir card.  For example, if your DHCP range is 100-255, pick a number between 2 and 99 for your FlashAir card, such as 192.168.1.90 (if that is not used by anything else).
Sorry, although I have a computer background (all software), Networking leaves me cold. My network is off 192.168.1.1. My laptop 192.168.1.208. How do I get my flashair card off 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1? If this is done through the CONFIG, it is not working. I explained my attempts in post 312. I have tried assigning the card to 192.168.1.150 by mac address in my router, no good. Help me, please!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2020, 01:15 PM)todivefor Wrote: Sorry, although I have a computer background (all software), Networking leaves me cold. My network is off 192.168.1.1. My laptop 192.168.1.208. How do I get my flashair card off 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1? If this is done through the CONFIG, it is not working. I explained my attempts in post 312. I have tried assigning the card to 192.168.1.150 by mac address in my router, no good. Help me, please!

You need to set it via the IP_Address line in the CONFIG file, which you have apparently done.  I probably confused your situation with RayBee since he got his CONFIG to work.

If your CONFIG isn't working (setting IP address, replacing password with ***), then it seems to me that the FlashAir software is not running.  It seems your CONFIG doesn't like your APPSSID?  What are you setting it to, and is it the same as you use with your router and computer?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought my network setup was wrong. I have corrected that. Everything on same subnet. See attached for FlashAir. I don't see 192.168.1.220 in arp -a. I was seeing it before, but with mac addr marked incomplete, now not at all. Anything wrong in this CONFIG?

[Vendor]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.220
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=dreamstation
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNETWORKKEY=*****PW*****
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=PittsburghNet
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0

There is something about the above CONFIG that FlashAirTool doesn't like. Won't start up?
Post Reply Post Reply
@todivefor,  The attachment in your last post shows the wifi settings for your Mac (computer), and you manually assigned the IP address of 192.168.1.220 to your computer.  That's the same IP address you are trying use for your FlashAir card.  It won't work, you can't have two devices with the same IP address.

Set your Mac (computer) back to using DHCP in that screen, then restart it.  Then you should be able to use 192.168.1.220 for the FlashAir card.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,706 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 663 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,125 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 607 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 638 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Language setup magborges 5 1,206 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.