Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
RE: FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
todivefor - I downloaded your router's manual. In the Wi-Fi section there is an option to set the 802.11modes. Make sure you have the "Compatibility Mode(802.11b/g/n)" selected. If that setting doesn't work, you might try the "Legacy Mode(802.11b/g) Only". This would be for testing only because it will drag all your other devices down in speed. If later mode is the only one that works, we will have to come up with a Plan B.

The "APPAUTOTIME" can be set to 0 (zero) to make it stay on full time. This determines how long the card will broadcast until it powers down (sleep). In the past, members experienced the problem of connecting to the card then later have it stop communicating. It was discovered that setting this parameter to 0 solved this problem.

I am tempted to split your posts and RayBees' post into their own individual threads. I'm starting to merge both your posts into one in my mind. That will allow your post history on this subject a little easier to follow. If this sounds acceptable, let me know.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2020, 09:06 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: todivefor - I downloaded your router's manual.  In the Wi-Fi section there is an option to set the 802.11modes.  Make sure you have the "Compatibility Mode(802.11b/g/n)" selected.  If that setting doesn't work, you might try the "Legacy Mode(802.11b/g) Only".  This would be for testing only because it will drag all your other devices down in speed.  If later mode is the only one that works, we will have to come up with a Plan B.

The "APPAUTOTIME" can be set to 0 (zero) to make it stay on full time.  This determines how long the card will broadcast until it powers down (sleep).  In the past, members experienced the problem of connecting to the card then later have it stop communicating.  It was discovered that setting this parameter to 0 solved this problem.

I am tempted to split your posts and RayBees' post into their own individual threads.  I'm starting to merge both your posts into one in my mind.  That will allow your post history on this subject a little easier to follow.  If this sounds acceptable, let me know.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my manual. I made those changes and it made no difference.

Merging the 2 posts is fine with me. I am getting very frustrated and about to give up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2020, 05:40 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Ok I am now thinking out of the box.... Delete the CFG directory

Allow the Resmed to format the card how it wants then remove and reinsert.

with no config the flashair card should come up as an Access Point in its own right

Search for a wireless network with an SSID of flashair_XXXXXX join that network from the wifi of your MAC the password should be 12345678

Once connected to the wifi go to http://flashair this should show the light blue page with the start button.

If the first step works next put the following URL's in order in your web browser

Set Security/Master Code
http://flashair/config.cgi?MASTERCODE=0123456789AB

You should get a browser output of Success

Setup Home Network - Replace YOURSSID with your network Name and YOURWEPKEY with the wifi password

http://flashair/config.cgi?MASTERCODE=0123456789AB&APPSSID=YOURSSID&APPNETWORKKEY=YOURWEPKEY&APPMODE=5&WEBDAV=2&UPLOAD=1

You should get a browser output of Success

The wifi card will then restart and attempt to connect to your wifi via DHCP

Reboot your mac then try and connect to http://flashair and it should connect we will need to track down the ip address afterwards but try this first
Sorry, I just saw your post. I like someone thinking out of the box. I did what you asked. I could not get to the flashair screen. I set my network location in network preferences to "automatic", selected flashair_macaddr as network, and in advanced to "using DHCP". When I do this it always uses 192.168.0.1 as my router and 192.168.0.11 as my IP. I still get no where wit http://flashair, but I do get to the flashair screen if i use http://192.168.0.1. I then tried the other commands using 192.168.0.1 instead of flashair and get "error."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
Hmm sounds like the flashair firmware cannot write to the config directory on the SD Or the security password is wrong oh how I wish you could have got the 32gb version. At least we know the wifi is working on the card what a pain sounds like the security password was changed did you change it when rebuilding the card with the flashing utility if so use that rather than 0123456789AB in the urls

Put the SD card in your mac open /SD_WAN/CONFIG I can see the Mastercode that is stored in the flash of the SD CARD

the line in my config file looks like this

MASTERCODE=0123456789AB

Use whatever value is in that line in the URLS (Hopefully there is one there)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2020, 02:17 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Hmm sounds like the flashair firmware cannot write to the config directory on the SD Or the security password is wrong oh how I wish you could have got the 32gb version. At least we know the wifi is working on the card what a pain sounds like the security password was changed did you change it when rebuilding the card with the flashing utility if so use that rather than 0123456789AB in the urls

Put the SD card in your mac open /SD_WAN/CONFIG I can see the Mastercode that is stored in the flash of the SD CARD

the line in my config file looks like this

MASTERCODE=0123456789AB

Use whatever value is in that line in the URLS (Hopefully there is one there)
I did not change the security password (12345678). I did try changing the MASTERCODE=0123456789AB from flashairtool and it did change it in CONFIG. I then tried to access flashair from my phone. Went to flashair settings. It asked for MASTERCODE. When I entered 0123456789AB, it said invalid.
Post Reply Post Reply
After Toshiba support told me my last FlashAir card was defective, I returned it and just received the new one. I am approaching it a little differently. It is formatted 64GB ExFAT. I am able to access it by linking to it 192.168.0.1, get the flashair screen, START, get directory. Next I changed the CONFIG to:

[Vendor]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.220
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=flashaircard
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNETWORKKEY=******************
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=PittsburghNet
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0

It attached to my network and replaced APPNETWORKKEY with ****s above, all good. I could get to the flashair screen by http://192.168.1.220. I could not get to the card with http://flashair or http://flashaircard. I ran Flashpap, it found the flashair, but missing P-SERIES folder as expected. I copied P-SERIES folder to card, ran flashpap and it displayed 1 days worth of data. Everything seems to be working.

Before moving on and screwing things up, a couple questions. There is no use partitioning because I already know that my dreamstation will reformat back to 64GB. If I put the card as is in my dreamstation, it will reformat and I will lose all the flashair (DCIM, SD_WLAN, including CONFIG) components on the card. Where do I go from here, ie next steps?
Post Reply Post Reply
Araboy! You're ready to move on to splitting the beer atom. Well-done

For safety, I create a directory on my PC to backup the CONFIG file. If my CONFIG file ever gets corrupted, I can copy it back to any FlashAir I might use.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 08:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Araboy!  You're ready to move on to splitting the beer atom.     Well-done

For safety, I create a directory on my PC to backup the CONFIG file.  If my CONFIG file ever gets corrupted, I can copy it back to any FlashAir I might use.

So are you saying to just backup my CONFIG, let dreamstation format away, and when all done just copy CONFIG back to card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Basically. I copy the parent directory that the CONFIG file resides in. That would be the SD_WLAN directory. That way you have every thing configured. Why reinvent the wheel?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I have a catch 22 situation. Everything was going great, until it was time to put the card into my dreamstation. It formatted the card to 64GB FAT32. Now card won't connect to my network. It will only show up as it's own network (flashair_nnnnnnnn). Anyone using a flashair 64GB in a dreamstation? Before doing any of this I imaged my card. I'm in the process of restoring back, very sloooooow.  If this restore works when done then I think that is probably same problem with other card also. Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 41 11 hours ago
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,703 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 656 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,124 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 607 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 637 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Language setup magborges 5 1,205 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.