Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
RE: [split] 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems (todivefor)
Is anyone using this flashair card with a dreamstation? If so, what format is your card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 06:42 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Am I correct in understanding that you have imaged your card and when you restore the image everything works?

You might try formatting the card as FAT32 in Windows instead of letting the DS do it.  See https://www.intowindows.com/3-ways-to-fo...indows-10/ for directions on how to format a 64GB card as FAT32 from the Windows command line.  See if you can get it working right without installing it in the DS at all.  If all is working well, put it in the DS and see what happens.

You are onto something here. I installed the Easeus Partition program on my Windows system. It showed me the 16 MB hidden partition. This program would not let me format the other paartition, so I downloaded Minitool Partition Wizard. I formatted that partition (second) FAT32. Now it is not readable by my Mac.

Attachments: 1. As card is out-of-thebox (2 partitions).
                    2. Format 2nd partition as FAT32.
                    3. After DS format, 1 partition as FAT32

I'm thinking this is not going to work. I assume the hidden partition is where the FlashAir code resides. DS eliminates this partition, the code.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I talked with Kioxia support. I said my device reformatted the card to 64GB FAT32. They wanted to know what device i was trying to use it with. I said a CPAP machine. They said they had no knowledge for support with CPAP machines. I then told them that the CPAP formatted the card from 2 partitions to 1 - 64GB partition. I asked if the card's software was contained in the first partition. He said it was.

I don't know how this ever worked DS unless something on the DS or FlashAir card has changed. My DS is less than year old.
Post Reply Post Reply
Strange that the DS wouldn't accept a partition you had formatted as FAT32. Well, here's another thing you could try:

Let DS format the partition. Shrink the partition by 1 GB. See if DS is happy with that and doesn't reformat again. Assuming DS is happy, back up the partition. Restore the card with your image. Delete the second partition. Restore the partition from the backup of the DS-modified and shrunken partition.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2020, 12:36 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Strange that the DS wouldn't accept a partition you had formatted as FAT32.  Well, here's another thing you could try:

Let DS format the partition.  Shrink the partition by 1 GB.  See if DS is happy with that and doesn't reformat again.  Assuming DS is happy, back up the partition.  Restore the card with your image.  Delete the second partition.  Restore the partition from the backup of the DS-modified and shrunken partition.

I am getting closer. Your idea almost worked, but not quite. I think this is what I ended up doing. Restored SD CARD back to original. Deleted the second partition on the card. Then created a new partition FAT32. Extended the first partition to about 1GB (If I left it at the original 12MB, the second partition was not readable). Copied the SD_WLAN and P-SERIES (DS files) to second partition. Put the card into my DS. It did not format. Put it back into my computer, changed PW in config to ******s. It appears to connect to my network, but I cannot access with http://192.68.1.220 or anything else. FlashPap does not find. arp -a gets: ? (192.168.1.220) at (incomplete) on en1 ifscope [ethernet] This is my config currently:

[Vendor]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.220
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
APPNAME=flashaircard
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.03
APPSSID=PittsburghNet
APPNETWORKKEY=******************
APPMODE=5
APPAUTOTIME=0
DNSMODE=1
LOCK=1

Also flashairtools access card with no problem.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
No immediate ideas, but:

Can you ping the card from your machine? What does "ping 192.168.1.220" return?

I assume you changed the password to your actual WiFi password before saving the CONFIG file.

You should have been able to access or ping the card when it was in your DS if all was working.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got this to work on my ResMed.  I was keeping notes in a word processor so the formatting may be a little off here on the forum.
Here is a copy in pdf which may be easier to read:
.pdf   FlashAir.pdf (Size: 114.49 KB / Downloads: 11)  

I can't say if this will work with PR units also, someone would need to test it.

Please read the entire post before doing anything.  I did my best to try and document every keystroke/mouse click but I may have left something out.

========================
You will need the following software:

Toshiba FlashAir software (free)
https://jp.toshiba-memory.com/ww/support/
You will need the Configuration Software. You can also D/L the Software Update Tool to update the firmware on your SD card (optional).

BBEdit (free version)
You will need to search the internet for BBEdit from Bare Bones Software. Can’t post link’s to commercial sites due to forum restrictions.
Mac’s native TextEdit did not work well for me editing the config file, not sure why.

NOTE: The following procedures will erase ALL data on the card and reformat it to FAT32!!!
Backup your card before proceeding!!! Use at your own risk!!!
The card will still be 64GB in size, just FAT32 instead of ExFAT.
The FlashAir Configuration Software will restore the necessary files to get the networking going again.

Always Eject the card properly. In Finder use the little arrow next to the name of the SD card. Don’t just yank the card out of the reader without doing this first!

See my notes at the end as to why I did some things a certain way….

The current ResMed machines need the SD card to be formatted as FAT32, but the 64GB FlashAir card is formatted as ExFAT due to its larger size. ResMed does not like how the Mac formats FAT32 so when you insert the card into your xPAP machine it will dutifully reformat it to what it likes for you.

Insert the SD card into your computer (or card reader).

Open Disk Utility
Right click on the SD card and select “Erase”
Give the card a short name (such as RESMEDFA)
Next to “Format” select “MS-DOS (FAT)”
Click “Erase”

Insert the card into your xPAP. You should get the popup saying “Preparing your card, please wait”.
Once your xPAP goes back to the normal home screen, remove the SD card.

Insert the card into your computer.
Open the FlashAirTool.app
In the drop down list, select /Volumes/RESMEDFA
Click OK
A popup window will appear saying “Check the FlashAir version…..”
Eject the card, remove it from the computer, wait 5 seconds, then insert it back into the computer again.
Click OK
It will seem to hang briefly and you may even get the spinning pinwheel. Just wait…..
It will then go back to the main FlashAirTool window showing an option for “Initialize” and “MASTERCODE”. We don’t need Mastercode, leave it blank (see notes at end).
Select “Initialize”, in the popup window select “Yes”
Eject the card, remove it from the computer, wait 5 seconds, insert it back into the computer.
Select OK, if the app seems to hang, just wait….
Eject the card, remove it from the computer, wait 5 seconds, insert it card back into the computer.
Click the back button (←) on the FlashAirTool app.
Click “Network Settings”
In SSID enter the name of your current WiFi network
In Password enter your current WiFi password
Click Apply, then click OK to save the settings. In the next popup window click OK again.
Click the back button (←) on the FlashAirTool again.

Click on FlashAir drive setting
Check ON
Click Apply
In the popup window “Do you want to configure a FlashAir drive” select Yes
In the next window click “Next”
Eject the card, remove it from the computer, wait 5 seconds, insert it back into the computer
In the “Replace the FlashAir card” window, click Next

After a couple of minutes a new window will open with “Do you want to open the “FlashAir drive”, select No.
The window will then display “Configuration for FlashAir drive complete”
Select OK
Exit the FlashAirTool app
Eject the card, remove it from the computer, wait 5 seconds, insert it back into the computer

In Finder, click on the name of the SD card.
You will need to turn on hidden files in Finder, press Shift + Command + . (shift command period)
In the SD_WLAN folder you will see “CONFIG”. Right click, select “Open With” then select BBEdit.

NOTE: You will need to select a static IP address outside of your DHCP range. DO NOT use the address’ I have here unless your network happens to have the same subnet (unlikely). Typically it would be 192.168.1.###

Change/edit the CONFIG file as follows

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.04
CID=02544d535736344755f480c67b012601
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPSSID=SixPack5 <change to your WiFi name>
APPNETWORKKEY=************* <change to your WiFi password>
APPMODE=5 <IMPORTANT>
APPAUTOTIME=0
DNSMODE=1
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
TIMEZONE=-16

APPNAME=resmedfa <use a short meaningful name for WebDAV>
DNSMODE=1
UPLOAD=1
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=10.13.115.120 <change to match your network>
Default_Gateway=10.13.115.1 <change to match your network>
Preferred_DNS_Server=10.13.115.1 <change to match your network>
NOISE_CANCEL=2

In the BBEdit toolbar select File > Save As
Remove any extension from the file name
In the Line Breaks dropdown, select “Windows (CRLF)”
Click Save, then Replace

Eject the card, remove from the computer, wait 5 seconds, insert into the computer again
You should now be able to ping the IP address you gave the FlashAir card. In my setup it would be 10.13.115.120, you should also see the name of the SD card in Finder (RESMEDFA in my examples)

Now if you have any existing SD card xPAP data on your computer you can copy to the SD card (RESMEDFA).
Do not use the OSCAR backup data! It must be an actual copy of the SD card you used previously.

Ok, one last time…
Eject the card, remove it from your computer
This time insert it into your xPAP machine. You should see the usual window in your xPAP about “Preparing your SD card…” and it should go away after a few seconds, as usual.

Now might be a good time to reboot your Mac just to clear out any cache’s in your networking.

Now open Terminal and try to ping the SD card: ping -c4 10.13.115.120
You should get the expected responses in how many ms it took.

You should also be able to connect to the card as a WebDAV. In the Finder toolbar select Go then Connect to Server. In the popup window enter: http://10.13.115.120 and a WebDAV connection will appear in Finder.
OR you can enter http://resmedfa.local and it will give the same connection but with a name instead of IP address. Use one or the other, NOT both!

If you are using FlashPap (the Java tool for transferring data from your xPAP) you should now be able to set it up to find you SD card at the IP address

If you don’t like FlashPAP then you can also use rsync from Terminal, but that’s beyond this document.

NOTES:
According to the Toshiba documentation the MASTERCODE is only necessary when using the iPhone/Android app to setup the FlashAir card. I left it out and it works just fine.

Technically, you don’t need the CIPATH line either. That’s for a special function in digital camera’s to mark that jpg which will in turn activate the WiFi on the card. We disabled the WiFi portion with the changes we made to CONFIG. You could also delete the DCIM folder on the card for xPAP use.

If you noticed in the CONFIG file there extra settings for the networking. I’m not sure if it is the newer firmware on the SD card, or my networking equipment (Ubiquity) that requires this, but it was the only way for me to get it to connect properly.

If all else fails you can return the card to it’s original defaults. Insert the card into your computer and using Disk Utility re-format it as ExFAT. Then use the FlashAirTool to initialize the card again. That should restore things to the original “out of box” settings.

I can’t say exactly what is right or wrong with this setup, but I can say that it does work on my network. I have successfully used these settings to import my xPAP data to my computer over WiFi, and imported into OSCAR. It just works!
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's working! Took card out and ate dinner. Took a quick look at the latest replies, decided to read them in the morning. Put card in computer, everything came together. Put card in CPAP, all good!

I'll read what everyone had to say, then I'll document what I did.

Thank you everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should have eaten sooner. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
These are my notes on getting the FlashAir wireless card to work with Flashpap.jar and the DreamStation CPAP machine. My main computer is a Macbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.15.4 (Catalina). I also run Windows 10 in a virtual machine running VMWare Fusion 11. I used utilities from both operating systems.

The first thing I did was imaged the FlashAir card in case of problems. I did this on Mac OS X.

1. Diskutil list will give you card name (in my case dev/disk3
2. sudo dd if=dev/disk3 of=/Users/username/Desktop/SDCARD.img bs=1m

This will allow you to recover the card when you first try to put your card in your DreamStation and it reformats the card from 2 partitions to 1. You just need to reverse the if= and of= to restore. Restore is a very slow process. I found that if you use of=dev/rdisk3, note the r, in rdisk3, the process is much faster.

My first attempt was to format the second partition (the one containing DCIM and SD_WLAN folders) to FAT32 which is required by DreamStation. DreamStation did not recognize this and formatted the SD CARD to 1 64GM partition FAT32. This wipes out all the FlashAir code making the card a non-wireless SD Card. First of many restores. I got many suggestions from Crimson Nape, GuyScharf, Jeff8356. All got me going in the right directions. I went through many restores of the SD CARD. I won’t go through my many trials and tribulations, but what worked for me.

The original flashAir card is partitioned:
16MB unallocated
59.61 exFAT

I already determined that formatting the second to FAT32 did not work. GuyScharf suggested letting DS format the disk FAT32 64GB, shrink the partition – 1GB, backup that partition, restore SD CARD, delete 2nd partition, restore shrunken partition. I ran into problems trying to shrink the second partition, and I don’t remember why.

I used Minitool Partition Wizard (free) on my Windows 10 system to delete 2nd partition. Created a new second as such:
1013MB unallocated
58.64GB FAT32

I copied my P-SERIES data (DS data I had on my computer) to the second partition and put this in my DreamStation. It did not format, but only copied missing days.

I used this CONFIG:

[Vendor]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.1.220
APPNAME=flashaircard
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.03
APPSSID=PittsburghNet
APPNETWORKKEY=******************
APPMODE=5
APPAUTOTIME=0
DNSMODE=1
LOCK=1

This now looked like it was working. My SSID password was converted *******s. Flashairtool could access the card, and the flashair_nnnnnn network was no longer broadcast, but something was still wrong. I could not access the card at http://192.168.1.220, arp -a command from terminal showed mac addr for 192.168.1.220 as “incomplete”, and flashpap could not find the card. I took the card out of my computer for a couple hours. Came back and put it in my computer. Now, all those things that didn’t work, did. Flashpap found the card. Put the card in my CPAP (which is 1 floor and the other side of the house from my router, but happen to have a powerline extender 4 feet away). And flashpap found with no problem.

This morning downloaded last nights data.

Yesterday, I had talked to Kioxia (some connection with Toshiba). They said there code was in the first unallocated partition, and suggested returning card.

Let me know if any questions.

Thank you to all those that helped!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 56 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,901 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,242 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 608 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 643 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Language setup magborges 5 1,210 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.