trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

Sex: Female

RE: [split] A10 Autoset and CA events?
Hey Old82, is there a seniors' centre (I'm assuming you are by the handle) or someplace with computers that you could visit with the SD card from your machine? Maybe there is some techie help there to upload it. I admit that you have my curiosity piqued to see what your data says!
04-21-2015 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
old82 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal pillow
Humidifier: ClimateLineAir tubing
CPAP Pressure: 4-7
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Use chin strap to greatly reduce leaks

Sex: Male

Thanks for the suggestion Trailrider. I'll look into that.
Old82
04-21-2015 08:03 PM
old82 Offline

Preferred Members

(04-21-2015 07:15 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  How often are you making changes? Changes need time for the data to show trends.

If after this time you've made changes, watched the data in between (for about two weeks at least between each change) and the central events have not decreased, then it is time to go to another sleep doc, not take this on your own.

Demand a copy of your sleep report NOW. Find another sleep doc. Make a copy for yourself and take a copy to your new doc. Then you and this new doc can work together. For one, the machines to treat it are more expensive. You want to make sure you are getting the right one vs getting one on your own and it not be right and you have to spend yet more money.

I admit that I DO make changes too often like after 3-5 days but after seeing conflicting results I make changes out of frustration . I'm grasping at straws.

I'm expecting a new sleep report very soon and I hope a RX for a differant machine so help is on the way. I'm sure a new sleep doc would insist on a new sleep lab study and that's a route I don't want to take. Thanks for the comments Paula.
04-21-2015 08:17 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Farther Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset & Z1 Auto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: part of the AirSense 10 Autoset & none with the Z1 Auto
CPAP Pressure: 4-20
CPAP Software: ResScan Other Software

Other Comments:

(04-21-2015 03:50 PM)old82 Wrote:  ..she has already told me she doesn't have the time to teach me about the questions I have.
OLD82
Time for a new MD!!!!
04-22-2015 10:00 AM
old82 Offline

Preferred Members

That's in consideration.
04-22-2015 10:52 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I think that old82 should wait and see what the current doc comes up with for a new machine. It sounds like the current doc is not too forthcoming but maybe he/she is heading the right direction. In the meantime I would definitely go after the sleep study reports.

If they tell you it is a gazillion pages, tell them that is fine, I have paid for it, it is my data, and I want it. Actually I had go to the sleep study group after my original report and there was no problem at all after I got them straightened out on which of the 2 reports I needed. I was sent a copy of my 2nd study several times.

Sometimes it can be helpful to recognize the deficiencies of some of the medical related folks and just work around them. I found Crapria to be a major pain when first on CPAP because I could not reach any RT to get my CPAP questions answered. Once I found this forum, I no longer need their inexpertise. Using them as a source for my supplies works very nicely except when they send me the wrong stuff.

Anyway, old82, keep trucking and stay positive and assertive (aggressive??) and you will reap the rewards.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
04-22-2015 01:19 PM
old82 Offline

Preferred Members

(04-22-2015 01:19 PM)PaytonA Wrote:  I think that old82 should wait and see what the current doc comes up with for a new machine. It sounds like the current doc is not too forthcoming but maybe he/she is heading the right direction. In the meantime I would definitely go after the sleep study reports.

If they tell you it is a gazillion pages, tell them that is fine, I have paid for it, it is my data, and I want it. Actually I had go to the sleep study group after my original report and there was no problem at all after I got them straightened out on which of the 2 reports I needed. I was sent a copy of my 2nd study several times.

Sometimes it can be helpful to recognize the deficiencies of some of the medical related folks and just work around them. I found Crapria to be a major pain when first on CPAP because I could not reach any RT to get my CPAP questions answered. Once I found this forum, I no longer need their inexpertise. Using them as a source for my supplies works very nicely except when they send me the wrong stuff.

Anyway, old82, keep trucking and stay positive and assertive (aggressive??) and you will reap the rewards.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

UPDATE:

Well...my persistence with my Doc has paid off and I think I'm reaping some rewards as of today. Just received my sleep study report along with a Rx for a new and different machine.

For those interested in the test numbers the technician's comments were that he set the IPAPmax at 25, the IPAPmin at 8, the EPAPmin at 4, Volume at 570, risetime of 3 seconds, rate of 8/min and I-time of 1.5 seconds and he did not change the settings the entire night and I had ZERO apneas and for 1 hyponea. Just amazing!

Based on that I have a Rx for a "BIPAP W/AVAPS MODE" to replace my Airsense 10 autoset. I'm astatic !

Don't know what make/model that would be or how long its going to take to get it but if it works like the sleep study I'm sure Ill live a little longer.

Does anyone know what model that would likely be in a ResMed?
OLD82
04-22-2015 03:02 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

ResMed adamant that S9 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet can detect/distinguish between obstructive and central apnea and treat them differently

There is a white paper link somewhere which I cannot find right now but here is a short explanation:
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...toset.html

Going to bed .... goodnight
Sleep-well
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 07:45 AM by zonk.)
04-23-2015 07:44 AM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

G'day Old82, good to see you got the right machine at last. Your options are Resmed Aircurve ASV, Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt (superseded) or Philips Respironics BiPAP AutoSV Advanced. The PR machine is highly configurable with lots of settings you can tweak. On the other hand the Resmeds are more automatic, where the machine handles all the tweaks for you.

I tried the PR for a couple of months and couldn't adapt to it - it felt like the machine was forcing me to adapt to its pace. On the other hand the Resmed is much more gentle and adapts to me rather than the other way around. I couldn't get an AHI below about 15 with the PR but seldom go above 1 with the Resmed. However other people have had the opposite experience, so if possible, try both machines and see which works best for you.

The ASV machine feels quite different from a CPAP or APAP, as it adjusts with every breath and can respond to an apnea in a split second. It might take a bit to get used to but the results can be amazing.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-23-2015 08:19 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
old82 Offline

Preferred Members

(04-23-2015 07:44 AM)zonk Wrote:  ResMed adamant that S9 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet can detect/distinguish between obstructive and central apnea and treat them differently

There is a white paper link somewhere which I cannot find right now but here is a short explanation:
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...toset.html

Going to bed .... goodnight
Sleep-well

Time to get up Zonk...thanks from down under for the informative link about the S9's. Hope I get one and I'll post my progress.
OLD82
04-23-2015 08:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Events way too high! sfrasher 22 1,166 11-22-2016 06:35 PM
Last Post: sfrasher
  [split] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear questions somnia16 6 655 11-19-2016 07:13 PM
Last Post: mcsheltie
  [split] Nuance question parkerdt 2 187 11-08-2016 08:24 AM
Last Post: parkerdt
  Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results ressler76 6 1,524 10-01-2016 11:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [split] Dropped Machine Needsleep2016 3 238 09-25-2016 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CA events I_will_never_sleep_again 3 292 09-23-2016 06:56 AM
Last Post: I_will_never_sleep_again
  [split] Question About Software Use sonicboom 3 213 09-18-2016 10:31 PM
Last Post: sonicboom