Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] A10 Autoset and CA events?
RE: [split] A10 Autoset and CA events?
Hey Old82, is there a seniors' centre (I'm assuming you are by the handle) or someplace with computers that you could visit with the SD card from your machine? Maybe there is some techie help there to upload it. I admit that you have my curiosity piqued to see what your data says!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion Trailrider. I'll look into that.
Old82
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 07:15 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: How often are you making changes? Changes need time for the data to show trends.

If after this time you've made changes, watched the data in between (for about two weeks at least between each change) and the central events have not decreased, then it is time to go to another sleep doc, not take this on your own.

Demand a copy of your sleep report NOW. Find another sleep doc. Make a copy for yourself and take a copy to your new doc. Then you and this new doc can work together. For one, the machines to treat it are more expensive. You want to make sure you are getting the right one vs getting one on your own and it not be right and you have to spend yet more money.

I admit that I DO make changes too often like after 3-5 days but after seeing conflicting results I make changes out of frustration . I'm grasping at straws.

I'm expecting a new sleep report very soon and I hope a RX for a differant machine so help is on the way. I'm sure a new sleep doc would insist on a new sleep lab study and that's a route I don't want to take. Thanks for the comments Paula.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2015, 03:50 PM)old82 Wrote: ..she has already told me she doesn't have the time to teach me about the questions I have.
OLD82
Time for a new MD!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's in consideration.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that old82 should wait and see what the current doc comes up with for a new machine. It sounds like the current doc is not too forthcoming but maybe he/she is heading the right direction. In the meantime I would definitely go after the sleep study reports.

If they tell you it is a gazillion pages, tell them that is fine, I have paid for it, it is my data, and I want it. Actually I had go to the sleep study group after my original report and there was no problem at all after I got them straightened out on which of the 2 reports I needed. I was sent a copy of my 2nd study several times.

Sometimes it can be helpful to recognize the deficiencies of some of the medical related folks and just work around them. I found Crapria to be a major pain when first on CPAP because I could not reach any RT to get my CPAP questions answered. Once I found this forum, I no longer need their inexpertise. Using them as a source for my supplies works very nicely except when they send me the wrong stuff.

Anyway, old82, keep trucking and stay positive and assertive (aggressive??) and you will reap the rewards.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2015, 01:19 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I think that old82 should wait and see what the current doc comes up with for a new machine. It sounds like the current doc is not too forthcoming but maybe he/she is heading the right direction. In the meantime I would definitely go after the sleep study reports.

If they tell you it is a gazillion pages, tell them that is fine, I have paid for it, it is my data, and I want it. Actually I had go to the sleep study group after my original report and there was no problem at all after I got them straightened out on which of the 2 reports I needed. I was sent a copy of my 2nd study several times.

Sometimes it can be helpful to recognize the deficiencies of some of the medical related folks and just work around them. I found Crapria to be a major pain when first on CPAP because I could not reach any RT to get my CPAP questions answered. Once I found this forum, I no longer need their inexpertise. Using them as a source for my supplies works very nicely except when they send me the wrong stuff.

Anyway, old82, keep trucking and stay positive and assertive (aggressive??) and you will reap the rewards.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

UPDATE:

Well...my persistence with my Doc has paid off and I think I'm reaping some rewards as of today. Just received my sleep study report along with a Rx for a new and different machine.

For those interested in the test numbers the technician's comments were that he set the IPAPmax at 25, the IPAPmin at 8, the EPAPmin at 4, Volume at 570, risetime of 3 seconds, rate of 8/min and I-time of 1.5 seconds and he did not change the settings the entire night and I had ZERO apneas and for 1 hyponea. Just amazing!

Based on that I have a Rx for a "BIPAP W/AVAPS MODE" to replace my Airsense 10 autoset. I'm astatic !

Don't know what make/model that would be or how long its going to take to get it but if it works like the sleep study I'm sure Ill live a little longer.

Does anyone know what model that would likely be in a ResMed?
OLD82

Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed adamant that S9 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet can detect/distinguish between obstructive and central apnea and treat them differently

There is a white paper link somewhere which I cannot find right now but here is a short explanation:
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...toset.html

Going to bed .... goodnight
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Old82, good to see you got the right machine at last. Your options are Resmed Aircurve ASV, Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt (superseded) or Philips Respironics BiPAP AutoSV Advanced. The PR machine is highly configurable with lots of settings you can tweak. On the other hand the Resmeds are more automatic, where the machine handles all the tweaks for you.

I tried the PR for a couple of months and couldn't adapt to it - it felt like the machine was forcing me to adapt to its pace. On the other hand the Resmed is much more gentle and adapts to me rather than the other way around. I couldn't get an AHI below about 15 with the PR but seldom go above 1 with the Resmed. However other people have had the opposite experience, so if possible, try both machines and see which works best for you.

The ASV machine feels quite different from a CPAP or APAP, as it adjusts with every breath and can respond to an apnea in a split second. It might take a bit to get used to but the results can be amazing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 07:44 AM)zonk Wrote: ResMed adamant that S9 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet can detect/distinguish between obstructive and central apnea and treat them differently

There is a white paper link somewhere which I cannot find right now but here is a short explanation:
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...toset.html

Going to bed .... goodnight
Sleep-well

Time to get up Zonk...thanks from down under for the informative link about the S9's. Hope I get one and I'll post my progress.
OLD82
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 24 2 hours ago
Last Post: liebano
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 355 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 118 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,401 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.