Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Advice please - do I need APAP?
[split] Advice please - do I need APAP?
I've decided to use this thread to ask for the advice as well. I'm in 4th month of my therapy and results are very good. AHI went down from 57 to 2-3 on average and quality of life improved a lot. I'm quite happy with the outcome, got used to my mask (although I had to go through four of them to have the one that works well), but I would like to learn if it's possible to improve my results even more with the autoPAP machine (due to its reactive nature)?

I'm attaching charts from two very different days, plus the overall graphs and my stats.

[attachment=9417][attachment=9414][attachment=9415][attachment=9416]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice on how to improve results
(12-16-2018, 06:06 PM)tosiabunio Wrote: I've decided to use this thread to ask for the advice as well. I'm in 4th month of my therapy and results are very good. AHI went down from 57 to 2-3 on average and quality of life improved a lot. I'm quite happy with the outcome, got used to my mask (although I had to go through four of them to have the one that works well), but I would like to learn if it's possible to improve my results even more with the autoPAP machine (due to its reactive nature)?

I'm attaching charts from two very different days, plus the overall graphs and my stats.

Minimum pressure at 9.5 or 10.0 and the obstructive apnea and hypopnea is going to resolve. What is your Flex set for?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice on how to improve results
My flex is set to 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Advice please - do I need APAP?
I followed your advice and set the minimum pressure to 9.5. The results for the last night are promising: 

[attachment=9452]

Should I fiddle more with the settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
These are good, no excellent numbers.  I would run with them for a week and then maybe try a min of 10 to see which you prefer.

How do you feel?  Your changes from here should mostly depend on how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the therapy itself so far was great and I feel extremely well. I got used to the mask and the machine, I'm no longer sleepy, my vital forces are back. For me, it's now mostly getting better numbers as the AHI change from 57 to 2-3 made a huge difference already. But I would prefer to stay on low, below 2, range as I occasionally get spikes towards 5 which worry me a bit. This is definitely life-changing therapy for me.

The pressure doesn't seem to affect me much. Should I lower FLEX as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
Change only 1 thing at a time, then give it a while.  That's why i say wait a week then try min 10. Looking for comfort first.  The move to 10 is to see if it lowers your AHI a bit for a week.  A week is to see a trend.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see this improvement, and I'm with Bonjour that this is a good setting to hold at for a while.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been testing the new settings for 6 weeks and here are the results:

[attachment=10108]

I managed to get AHI below 1 twice, but usually, it's 2+ or 3+ and the results look quite random. Is there a way to get more consistent low results?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been about a month and a half. Most residual events appear to be OA and H, and while they are at a treated level, they are not perfect. Assuming your minimum pressure is still 9.5, I would suggest increasing minimum pressure by 0.5. The truth is, if you were using a Resmed Autoset, this would be resolved, but we will deal with the limits of your Philips for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 294 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 862 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,797 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 64 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.