Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split]AirCurve 10 CS PaceWave Analysis Request
[split]AirCurve 10 CS PaceWave Analysis Request
Hello!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split]AirCurve 10 CS PaceWave Analysis Request
Maybe you can fill in the background a bit. Your settings greatly limit the response of the ASV to events with a minimum PS of 1 and maximum PS of only 6.0. The lack of pressure support to address events like hypopnea and apnea means the EPAP rises near the maximum of 12.0. I think you would greatly benefit from increasing that PS from 2.0 to 10.0, and that would actually result in lower EPAP pressure, but without a history of why you are using ASV, and why these settings are in use, it is hard to be certain.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without a question or other historical info, we can only guess that with a chart like that you want feedback on settings for the Pacewave. Flow limits are a bit busy and there's some hypopnea and other flags as well. It looks like EPAP Min increase might be an option to address events. PS is set at an odd low range of 1-6 for some reason, which handicaps the Pacewave ASV from working as designed.

We'll need info first before suggesting what to help with and how to go about it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Зенит" 10 CS PaceWave
Hello!
Answer to questions of the first topic:
History: September, 2016. The cardiologist sent to laboratory of a dream.
Result: 2 nights stayed in laboratory. The doctor suggested to spend the night one more night.
I asked it: whether it is possible from here live to leave. After that we left.
Result: ResMed AirCurve 10 CS PaceWave 37060, Full Face car mask and other.
Mode of ASV Auto EPAP 4.0 - 9.0; PS 3-10,
All the rest my amateur performance. In laboratory more nobody will see me.
Mask ResMed P10 or to the P30 i.
In addition: Unfortunately RFL +   aerophagia         
Night congestion of a nose on the one hand. In the afternoon the nose breathes perfectly.
I am using a chin strap or  SCC.                          
Help me to optimize setting of the machine please.
Any councils are welcomed.
Thank you.
Looking forward to further instructions.
Bye!

Post Reply Post Reply
Bolson, with the change in settings from EPAP 5.0 -7.0 and PS 1.0 -6.0, to your recent chart with PS 2.0 to 10.0 your AHI was reduced from 4.17 to 3.72. Leaks seem to have increased with the higher pressure support, and most leaks appear to be coming from your mouth.

There is good progress here, and we need to ask how you are feeling with the additional pressure support. The next step that is needed in optimization is to increase Max EPAP from 7.0 to 8.0. We do not want to make aerophagia worse, however this change will reduce the residual UA and H events. We know how to improve your therapy to reduce apnea events, however you must make the decision whether you can comfortably tolerate the increase in pressure, so I am also going to reduce the maximum pressure from 10.0 to 9.0 so that maximum pressure will not change.

In summary, to improve therapy and reduce events your new settings are EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 8.0, PS min 2.0, PS max 9.0. This is contingent on your comfort and tolerance of the current higher pressure. Note, these new settings will result in the same maximum pressure as your last session on August 25.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The leaks were really through the mouth.
Let's try new settings.
We'll check it out today.
Thank.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello.
First night

Night with changed machine settings.
EPAPmin  -5,  EPAPmax -8;    PS  2-9;
I think there is a movement for the better.  
The duration of uninterrupted sleep has become longer.
Less fatigue during the day.  
The graph shows a leak. But this mask leak.
I will replace Resmed P10 with P30i.  
Second night.

The second night is bad.

This can be clearly seen in the screenshot.

Aerophagia. Sleepless night.

Feeling that there is too much air from the car.

Received sensitive shocks from the car several times.

Life goes on.

I look forward to further instructions.

Thank.

P.S   I think the pressure is great.

Post Reply Post Reply
I can't read your last post, but based on your charts, you need a soft cervical collar.

Soft Cervical collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Positional Apnea: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,  why can't  you  read  the text?   
I have Cervical Collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason it can't be read is that you used a word processor to write it and it formatted the font so small, it appears as microcode on a lot of the devices.  If you are going to use a 3rd party app to write your posts, please make sure that it doesn't insert any formatting codes.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 23 1,183 6 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 318 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,394 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.