Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask [based Frankenmask]
RE: [split] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask [based Frankenmask]
If you stop up a number of the exhaust vents, the machine won't attempt to force more air through them.  It will adjust its amperage DOWN so that it maintains pressure against the newly restricted aperture.  This will have the effect of reducing volume at the same time, which may or may not be deleterious (based on your stated volumetrics earlier, I would say you're still going to get all the oxygen you can us in repose and REM sleep, with the one exception being someone with rather severe COPD, and that might be a whole nuther setup anyway).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask [based Frankenmask]
That's correct.  The machine will reduce its amperage and the vent flow rate will decrease but inside the mask the volume remains the same and pressure will remain at the selected settings. The only important flow rate inside the mask is that of your respiration, which is less than what the machine can instantaneously supply. As I wrote earlier, above a small minimum value, the vent flow rate is not an important factor for the purpose of CO2 scavenging. Do you see a contradiction with what I've written?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 975 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,512 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 74 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,513 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 126 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,564 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,471 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.