Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
[split] All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
I ended up on this thread because Sharp56 posted a helpful list of data provided by the ResMed Airsense 10. I pasted the list of data below:

- Statistics of your sleep report from 1 day to 6 months showing your total usage of your device, your respiratory Indices (Apnea/Hypopnea index differentiating between Obstructive and central apnea), Leakage (L/min) and your Pressure (Median, 95th percentile and Maximum in cmH2O)
- A Summary Graph of your Usage, AHI and AI, Total Usage & Cheyne-Stokes Hours, Leakage (L/min) and Pressure (cmH2O).
- A detailed graph of (3) above.

My question is a little off the wall.
I would like to use the CPAP while awake to display documented use of the machine. I had planned to sit and watch tv with the mask and machine. I have used the CPAP to sleep successfully and this data is available for comparison.

My question is, can the general difference between asleep and awake data be told definitively enough that use while awake could readily be interpreted as not using the machine while asleep?

Please don't worry, I do not need advice about how to acclimate myself to the machine or how many hours are needed for compliance. This is a different question.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
Welcome to the forum hatlady!
I have requested your post be moved and a new thread started.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] All you wanted to know about the ResMed Airsense 10
(08-27-2016, 05:16 PM)hatlady Wrote: I would like to use the CPAP while awake to display documented use of the machine.

Why don't you just use the machine while you're asleep?

Quote:My question is, can the general difference between asleep and awake data be told definitively enough that use while awake could readily be interpreted as not using the machine while asleep?

Depends on how closely one looks. You'll not likely get a definitive answer as most of us would just be guessing. Well, that's my guess, anyway. Smile

I think I could tell the difference if I were the one looking. I wouldn't need any comparison, either.

I hope you realize that we can't help you cheat! We're here to help you succeed!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a ResMed 10. I use the ramp to gradually raise the pressure which is great for falling asleep initially, but when I get up during the night for the bathroom and return and put the mask back on, it starts the ramp function again, which I don't think I need then. Is there a setting so that it restarts at the pressure it was at when I got up?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2016, 05:11 PM)dbrotherton Wrote: Is there a setting so that it restarts at the pressure it was at when I got up?
No such setting but on return, you can turn it off

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:My question is, can the general difference between asleep and awake data be told definitively enough that use while awake could readily be interpreted as not using the machine while asleep?

If you mean in the flow graph, respiratory rate, and even AHI, then yes. There are many differences between the two. I can look at my data for any given night and tell you when I fell asleep and about when I woke up enough that it affected the data.

But if you mean in terms of hours used, no. The machine does know if someone is not attached. It counts those hours as "total run hours" but not as "patient use hours" or whatever verbage your machine uses. It knows when someone is on the other end of the hose but it cannot tell if that person is awake or asleep. Some machines have gotten slightly better at detecting breathing patterns and can kinda guess (I think the DreamStation does this?) but it doesn't say "this patient is asleep" but rather "okay, time to get serious and work now". I think.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the machine set for "Auto Start" if so it may also auto shut down. Can you change this setting to manual start and will the machine then not shut off while you sneak to the cookies ?Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,744 57 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 63 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,774 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.