Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Bleep Sleep Mask
RE: Bleep Sleep Mask
So I watched Stuarts(?) video, and he is talking too fast.  I ordered the IV-like hose support that goes between the box spring and the mattress, but I cannot understand what words he is using when talking about the velcro device which is a separate purchase, but used in conjunction with the first device.

Secondly,  very good advice on aligning the points of the sticky pads with the ear lobes.  However, this seems to be in conflict with the printed literature which arrived with the the Bleep starter kit.  The advice in the Youtube seems to lead us to alignment with the yoke on the Bleep system.  But the advice on the literature which arrived with the Bleep starter kit seemed to indicate I should align with my divergent nostrils.  After watching Youtube, I will go with the advice there.  Why can't the advice from the manufacturer be more explicit???

Lastly,  I was not perceptive enough to realize that rotation of the nasal sticky pads would lead to a different orientation of the nasal ports.  So, kudos to the advice to point tips towards my ear lobes, as that, I think, will be solution to my conflicts.

And if I can let go of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding instructions, I think the solution is at hand... 

...providing someone tells me what the name of the velcro attachements are! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2020, 09:18 PM)ranjean Wrote: So I watched Stuarts(?) video, and he is talking too fast.  I ordered the IV-like hose support that goes between the box spring and the mattress, but I cannot understand what words he is using when talking about the velcro device which is a separate purchase, but used in conjunction with the first device.

And if I can let go of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder regarding instructions, I think the solution is at hand... 

...providing someone tells me what the name of the velcro attachements are! Smile

Your OCD triggered my OCD. Too-funny

I relistened to him a few times, and in your defense, he is speaking with a huge impediment in his nose. Laugh-a-lot 

It sounded to me like he was saying "cozy hose balls." Dielaughing

Finally figured it out. Do a Google search for
[SPOILER]CozyHoze BOSS Hose Management System[/SPOILER]

OCD cured. Lolabove

Well, except for the SPOILER code not working on this forum. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, the second one is called Cozy Hose Boss. You ain’t from the South, so your ears don’t quite grasp all that southern dialect under cpap pressure.

The black thing is a Velcro diffuser. Stuart said they were in prototype stages on this (coming out soon), but he’s got a bunch of them laying around. He mails them out when you call and ask for them. I’m sure he’ll love me sharing that, but oh well. His cell phone number’s on the website. I got one and it made it as quiet as the p10 I used to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2020, 06:39 AM)Dreaming1 Wrote: Yep, the second one is called Cozy Hose Boss. You ain’t from the South, so your ears don’t quite grasp all that southern dialect under cpap pressure.

The black thing is a Velcro diffuser. Stuart said they were in prototype stages on this (coming out soon), but he’s got a bunch of them laying around. He mails them out when you call and ask for them. I’m sure he’ll love me sharing that, but oh well. His cell phone number’s on the website. I got one and it made it as quiet as the p10 I used to use.

OMG, I laughed when I read your response!  Too-funny I'm from NC, right around the corner from Stuart, so I didn't have any trouble understanding him (what southern dialect?!) Took me back to my teen years when I visited relatives in NY, and they teased me about talkin' like a southern belle!
Post Reply Post Reply
I found out yesterday I could take a "half inch" 90 degree "street elbow" made of CVPC from the plumbing department of the hardware store and insert it where the white spiral hose enters the swivel of the nose piece.

This allows me to route the hose straight in line with my nose up to my sweatband style strap on my forehead, and do so without having a big goose neck in the hose in front of my face.

I used the tip of an exacto knife to carefully loosen (not cut) the white hose off the swivel.

Neither the Cozy Hose Boss nor the blue rod hanger that goes under the mattress offered any improvement for me over the screw and elastic I had in the wall above my head previously, although I do appreciate hearing what has worked for others.

This is a bit terse as I got happy fingers and lost two previous posts which were lengthier.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Bleep Sleep Mask
Can you show pics?
Post Reply Post Reply
Once I sorted out mouth leaks, I have had zero leaks with the Bleep. Literally none in the past few weeks.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a friend that sorted out the same problem with puffing from his mouth. Figured out the bleep didn’t leak and his problem was the mouth and then fixed that. Helps when you know what the problem is and can focus on the right thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ranjean, yes pics would be great! I would love to be able to swivel upwards! But I have trouble visualizing!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Help keeping mask on/less fragmented sleep jblack33 8 257 04-05-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 108 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,222 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 248 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 1,096 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 556 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.