Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Data analysis - Breath55
RE: [split] Data analysis - Breath55
I'm going to try this one I'll let you know how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2020, 08:56 PM)Breath55 Wrote: said they were going to try cpap, apap and bipap titration at my next test, but AVS was never mentioned.   Do you suggest I bring it up? Outright ask for it?

Yes, and yes.
Post Reply Post Reply
NOT acceptable unless you have an ASV titration scheduled.  NONE of those machines will work for you, they will all fail ending in a night where you end up exactly where you are now,   but with the doctor and sleep center richer.
Ask your doctor to start with an ASV (so it will get done), then follow with the CPAP, APAP, and BiLevel.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Bonjour. You need an ASV and the purpose of this test is to prove that an ASV works for you. You already know that CPAP and APAP don't work so they shouldn't waste time revisiting those. You should do more than ask for it: you should insist that this is an ASV titration test. If their protocols require a test of bilevel, tell them to do that after the ASV.

This is a very clear-cut case where there is only one right answer. Any time spent messing around with alternatives will waste your time and money and make the doc and lab richer.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the doctor does not agree to write the titration order for ASV, ask him for a referral to someone that knows central apnea. Wake him up!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We are not normally this zealous about this. It is because we rarely see such a clearcut case as this one. Your doctor is sounding like a duck. What sound does a duck make?

QUACK
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the order for the new test. I don't see ASV mentioned, now I just need to find out who writes the orders and inquire about the ASV. It's like no one knows who's in charge but someone wrote the order. I know one thing for sure my g.p. has no idea but there are other leads just a matter of tracking them down. It all felt so completely overwhelming from the beginning but taking a proactive stance and having access to all this online help is in powering and feels me with hope for a restful future, so I at least got that going for me. Thanks, everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know, and stay focused on ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might not hurt to call the Westlake Sleep Center number and tell them your diagnostic sleep study showed nearly 100% central sleep apnea. Ask specifically if the technician will be able to apply ASV if CPAP is failed. That might get them to call your doctor for your records or an order to include ASV titration.

The wey we have usually seen this work is that CPAP titration is initiated, and at some point you won't have any events. They will conclude that is your effective therapy pressure and recommend it to your doctor. When you eventually see the results, you will realize they are not linear, meaning the efficacy is not related to pressure and apena is simply reduced or non-existent at some pressure, but resumes at higher pressure. These kinds of results are meaningless, and won't correlate to your experience at home with your CPAP. As we have said, central apnea is consistently inconsistent, so sometimes it is present, and sometimes not. This leads to false results in titration tests. You will be back.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question - does the study as ordered preclude an ASV test, or is it strictly limited to CPAP. Is there a specific item number for ASV titration? If so it may be wise to decline this test and push for an ASV test.

Further question - does the system "require" failure of CPAP even when the diagnostic test showed there is no (zero) obstructive apnea? Is tnere a path straight to bilevel with backup rate when the diagnosis is 100% central apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,399 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.