Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[split] Data analysis - Breath55
RE: [split] Data analysis - Breath55
idk the answer but he 'only' had 97.4% ca, with 6 oa to 225 ca. a little tongue in cheek but judging by US docs' propensity to prescribe cpap/apap no matter what, 6 oa might be all it takes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep writing stuff and it keeps disappearing. Fun. It's going to take me a while to adapt to this technology.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2020, 06:02 PM)Breath55 Wrote: I keep writing stuff and it keeps disappearing. Fun. It's going to take me a while to adapt to this technology.

That sounds frustrating!  Be sure you've hit Post Reply as the final step you take.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an app with my browsers called Textarea Cache. It allows me to recall inadvertently deleted text and recent responses. I used to lose long detailed responses all the time, so I'm glad to have a solution that saves as I type. The forum editors are rather unforgiving to undo that keystroke that takes out the whole thing, but Textarea has always saved it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'll look it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have learned the one thing not to do if you lose some text. Do not try "Ctrl-Z"! It will wipe out all your text.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, sounds good to me. Now see if I can put it together.

They had at one time tried to do a titration study but they were using a pillow mast and my mouth opened as I had no chin strap and it sucked out all of the air out of my lungs, scared the hell out of me couldn't get back to sleep so I left early. The test was only of a few hours impression and on that I guess they based the machines' titration rate. This next test should tell more and I now have at least a very basic idea
of the siduation. So becoming more proactive and better informed. Digging in sum as it looks like this is going to take some time to get things going in the right direction.

Here's a copy of the partical titration test they did.. If I forgot to xout anything please let me know. Thanks!

.pdf   cpapreportblankout.pdf (Size: 487.17 KB / Downloads: 9)

Also here is a screen shot from a few nights ago

Had some more cheyne breathing not sure what it is looked it up doesn't sound good, hopefully, be able to discuss it with a sleep doctor if and when I am able to see one. I was told yesterday, maybe a few months till I get a new titration test and after that, I was told I would be able to speak to a sleep doctor.

But after hearing the input from here I'll be adamantly inquiring more about the ASV and being more proactive in general. I had no idea there was this much to this but if it leads to restful sleep, more energy and better health I'm all for it.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
That "titration" is utterly bizarre. How can they draw any conclusions from 2 hours of fitful sleep? And when there can be such great variation between one two-hour segment of sleep and another? And how on EARTH can they recommend CPAP treatment at a pressure of 4???

My heart goes out to you. I wonder whether mention of CSR would speed things up. Two months seems too long to wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
fwiw, I'd get on the phone every day and diplomatically complain that your ahi is too high and at least in the last screenshot you had csr for more than 21% of the night. hopefully it's not really csr but the fact that it's often associated with heart problems, one would think it should be reason enough to see you asap. if they won't, unless the wait is city or region wide, maybe find a more responsive sleep doc?
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed calls ALL periodic breathing CSR. Rarely is it actually CSR. A 5 minute zoom in the CSR area will clarify if it is actually CSR which can be serious.
Ask to be notified of any cancelations and make sure ASV first in a titration study. I'd cater to their testing other CPAP machines, I'm confident they will fail, but insist on ASV first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,403 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.